Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Mosley TA 53 Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley TA 53
Mosley TA 53 Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $812.95 + shipping
Description: 5 band HF beam

You can write your own review of the Mosley TA 53.

SP7BTB Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2012 06:14 Send this review to a friend
Still perfect...  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is my second review - the first one was in 2003 after one year of use. Still in Africa, still under harsh sun and heavy rains and thunderstorms will not mention about dust which is everywhere - no single sign of deteriorating performance!!! Small FB ratio-it is an advantage in my case - I know what is going on on the band around me and then turn my antenna in proper direction....
Definitely will take my TA53M with me to Poland once leaving 9L.
Zbig

K1WTX Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2010 19:36 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the Mosley TA-53 from a ham friend as a pile of tubing and a box of parts. Assembly, thanks to a copy of the manual, was fairly easy. I have it sitting atop a 45' tower and despite all the bum raps about "lossy" traps, the antenna allows me to work stations well that I can barely hear on wire antennas. I agree that the f/b ratio is low but Mosley specifically mentions gain vs. f/b ratio in their product info. I know that my antenna survived the devastating Maine ice storm of '98 and from the way it is built, I figure it will last through many more winters. In addition, I had to order some missing parts from Mosley and I found that they were friendly and fast. It's nice to deal with a company that still supports any and all antennas they have ever sold.

Jerry-K1WTX

W9XX Rating: 4/5 Jun 17, 2007 15:24 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this antenna in 1994.For a small antenna on a city lot it does a good job.I just added the 40m add on last year so not much to say on that yet.The antenna has no front to back.The SWR is good other than the low end on 10m where it goes up to 1.8 below 28020.Thing is built to last.Its up at 50 feet and with stood about 60 mph winds.But I bought it because it was simple to put together and is well built.The reason I gave it a 4 is the service was not good when I ordered parts or the 40m add on kit.Delays and commitments that were not kept.

WB2HJV Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2007 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Really Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
My TA-53 has been up for two years. It's a solid performer on all bands. There are even a few sweet spots on 6 meters and it performs quite well on that band as well. The SWR is very good but I find it skewed a tad towards the SSB end of each band. On 10 meters the power folds back on my TS-870S between 28000 and 28300, but the tuner takes care of it. Otherwise I leave the tuner off. I've been working all the great stuff with ease including the recent N8S and BS7H DXpeditions. It sits at 40 feet on a Rohn 45G tower. I never worry with 80mph gusts of wind, just roll over and go back to sleep! Buy one, you'll like it.

DK7LX Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2006 09:52 Send this review to a friend
TA-53-M  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the TA-53 up on a 48ft tower since just about four weeks now. So far I am more than pleased with it and all the predictions turned out true. Easy assembling and made out of finest material. I didnīt have to re-drill a single hole or anything like that at all, something that I have really experienced with other well-known products in the past. All fitted just perfect. This antenna is really built like a tank and for ages. SWR is low throughout the entire band. Just amazing!

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2006 13:01 Send this review to a friend
BIG,"SWEET",SIGNALS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the Mosley TA-53-M up since Field Day 2006 with ZERO complaints. Assembly was easy & took about an hour with 2 of us working on it.It KICKS butt as I expected it would.No prop to speak of on 10 or 12 meters so far but I'm sure it will do as well as it does on 20,17,& 15 meters.The SWR's are GREAT just as advertised and like my previous tri-bander(15 year old TA-33JR)does NOT keeping me waiting in the pileups.The wait was a couple of weeks longer than expected but now I think well worth the wait.Folks talk BAD about the traps & losses with traps but maybe the losses are REALLY small & that's why it works so GREAT for just rag chewing & in the DX pileups.NO moving parts just "BIG" signals.Make your own choice for your investment but the folks at Mosley have been doing it right now for 67 PLUS years!Catch you in a pileup soon & compare our signal reports! The TA-53-M is a GREAT 5 band beam with ONLY a 14 ft boom so check one out yourself!ClaytonW4KVW

N9PYS Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2006 12:29 Send this review to a friend
gain on 17m  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put up the TA53M 2 weeks ago, and have been running it through the ringer on all the bands. I am very impressed with the gain it provides, especially on 17m. Flat swr on all the bands at 40 feet. The F/B ratio is not any concern of mine, I am only interested in the gain, which is what its all about. This is my 2nd Mosley, had a TA33 up for years and was 20 years old when I got it. Hope the 53 last as long. Can't go wrong with a Mosley.

KQ4KK Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2006 13:18 Send this review to a friend
Built like a TANK  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had it on the roof since August 1993. Just took it down after almost 13 years. In GREAT shape. No rust, no damage. Almost looks like new. Yea, no front to back, but works great on all 5 bands.

AA2SQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2004 01:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed the TA53 Two wks ago on a Glen Martin 8ft roof tower with 8ft mast,SWR flat on all bands not much with F/B but overall the beam works great. I had the A3S by cushcraft had to modify the boom a few times when it broke in half I think they should change the name to crushcraft hi hi. I recommend theTA53 will built much heavy than the A3S but strong and sturdy.

Joe
AA2JE

SP7BTB Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2003 11:31 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Almost one year in African environment -rain, dust & very high temperature - still working very well.. you can hear me as 9L1BTB.....
The only concern was this one screw connection of pipes when others use clamps but it works......