Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | EchoStation Repeater Control Software Help

Reviews Summary for EchoStation Repeater Control Software
EchoStation Repeater Control Software Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $19.95
Description: Complete repeater-control and "announcement machine" program for Windows. Runs as a simplex repeater or duplex repeater, using the PC sound card to connect to the radios. Voice announcements can be scheduled at designated times.
More info: http://www.synergenics.com/sc/

You can write your own review of the EchoStation Repeater Control Software.

N2KEJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2014 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Awesome and reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had Echostation in repeater service for over 10 years. Running Windows XP. Computer is on UPS and has not been down in years. Solid and stable
No problems what so ever. Highly recommended!

N4EDT Rating: 4/5 Jan 17, 2013 20:08 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Complex Start  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The final solution when configured for our club is an automated announcement system. We took an Intel Mac Mini and configured it using bootcamp as a Windows XP computer. Small foot print and good hardware. Loaded the software and configured the audio i/o using an Edirol UA-X1 usb sound card. PTT function was obtained through a RigBlaster Nomic. The radio is an Icom 2200H. Debugging was a bit of a chore because of the hardware chosen but the system allows excellent audio control and is very stable.

The system is used only for ID and Announcements.

KD4YSH Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2013 09:47 Send this review to a friend
question  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer for, do they mail you out a CD or is the software a download after you pay the 19.00? our club is now using an old laptop and hope to replace it soon, if i install the echostation on this old laptop can i reinstall it on our new computer? Is this just a one time application? any help with this question will be much appreciated.

W8PIE Rating: 2/5 Sep 9, 2011 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Roaming Serial Ports Windows 7  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed it. Under Windows 7 the USB serial ports are assigned when ever and where ever they want. Com 5,6,7,8, 14 different upon every boot. You can' change them without paying $19. So once you picked a port it better be right.

Testing is not available if you can't change the port to TX.

As I am a trustee I have 2 call signs the repeater and my own. It won't let me do anything with either call? The port to TX needs to be changed and I can't. The ling for help is broken.

I have to pay $19 twice to test it?

I uninstalled it and will probably purchase a hardware control board. It seams simpler and does not rely on Microsoft and there antics.

I was told about it, tried it, since I didn't pay anything for it it was harmless.

Link to register is broken. Link for help is broken. I'm old and broken too!

Unused less than a day. Installed in a few minuted. Frustrated in less time than installation on having to register and pay before testing.

Read the forums first. I didn't. I took someones word for free to test for 30 days than register and purchase. $19 price is cheap as good controllers are very expensive. I'm just not going to pay $19 twice to see if it works. If I'm wrong I apologize but it didn't work for me.

ON4ROS Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2011 02:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been running Echostation for some 2 years now as the main logic for our 70cm Repeater in Leuven, Belgium. It works fine, just as good as an embedded system but more flexible. Running on a copy of Windows 2000 which is very stable on an old Fujitsu Laptop PC. Remote access via Teamviewer to the remote repeater site. Also use the announcement facility to play ID on the hour and every 15 mins thereafter. My only negagtive observation is that DTMF does not work (maybe a Windows/soundcard issue). Check out ON0RCL on QRZ.com

VO1MDS Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2005 13:19 Send this review to a friend
TESTING ECHOSTATION  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
ME AND A FELLOW AMATEUR ARE NOW TESTING ECHOSTATION, JUST TO SEE IF A REAL REPEATER IS ANYGOD AT THE LOCATION WE HAVE ECHOSTATION SETUP, ALL I GOT TOO SAY ABOUT THE SOFTWEAR IS GREAT JOB, I NOTICED THE DTMF THING JUST DONT WANT TOO WORK,SO WE JUST DISABLED IT.
WE ARE TRYING THE SOFTWEAR FOR JUST LESS THAN 24 HOURS, NO ILL EFFECTS AS OF YET. WE MAY TRY THE DUPLEX MODE AND SEE HOW THATS WORKS OUT, BUT, TRY IT YOU MIGHT LKIE IT !!

KC0GLA Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2005 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Anouncing only so far.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using this software for the ARRL audio news since my radio has no vox. It is very cusomizeable and has a audio normalization feature to keep the audio at the same level. I have not used it as a repeater controler or as a unatended anouncer.

I have used one of the audio files that it came with to upload to a NHRC-2 controler as a custom curtosy tone. It seems to work for what is was mostly designed for a automatic anouncer.

YV1NEW Rating: 4/5 Dec 11, 2003 18:04 Send this review to a friend
GOOD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am testing the program and two problems I found are:
1.- The program will lock up when i enable de repeater with DTMF code from another radio.

2.- When opening the autopatch with DTMF form another radio the one with the autopatch connected begings to transmit on and off, thus not leting me send the tlf, number. I have paid attention on the fail safe feture, and when doing this both singnals (DTR and RTS)come on and off.

Am I connecting someting wrong or this is why it says, "not recomended for hardware problems" on the manual??
Perhaps someone can help me.
cyicon@mipunto.com
Thanks

W6FCC Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2003 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought EchoStation to replace a hardware controller. Control from the internet is a VERY useful feature.

I bought a ULI board, but it has a design problem that renders it useless for full-duplex use, so I ended up getting a $24.50 Rascal interface, to which I added COS/PL control, and it works perfectly.

I have a a suggestion to make EchoStation more useful to some repeater trustees: (1) mute TouchTones heard on the input and add a cover tone (beep beep) as is done on many controllers. (2) allow a prefix to "pass through" touchtones to allow control of connected link stations, or for Digital squelch (to open squelch on a listener radio).

On the internet control link, it would be nice to allow uploading announcement files (.wav files) and schedule them from the remote, and to allow changing DTMF command prefixes remotely. However, these added features on the internet control side can be added by the user by running an FTP server and something like VNC remote control software.

KG4VJO Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2002 15:30 Send this review to a friend
Works in 10 minutes  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I live in an area where there is not much traffic
on 2 meters. I just got my General license and dug out some equipment I had bought in the seventies to listen to teletype in the heyday of computers. I wasn't sure if any of the radios worked.
I made one a simplex repeater. It allowed we to test the other radios with its record and play back feature. I downloaded a copy of Echostation and tested it. I was so pleased that I immediately registered it.