Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Airspy HF+ SDR HF and VHF Receiver Help

Reviews Summary for Airspy HF+ SDR HF and VHF Receiver
Airspy HF+ SDR HF and VHF Receiver Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $199.00
Description: Airspy HF+ is a state of the art SDR for HF and VHF
bands.

The HF+ uses very high dynamic range ADCís and front-
ends. It also provides great frequency agility by using
high performance passive mixers with an excellent
polyphase harmonic rejection structure. It is the ideal
companion for light portable high performance operation.
The architecture and level of integration achieved in its
design makes for top performance reception at a very
affordable price.

HF Coverage: 9 kHz to 31 MHz
VHF Coverage: 60 MHz to 260 MHz
More info: http://https://airspy.com/airspy-hf-plus/

You can write your own review of the Airspy HF+ SDR HF and VHF Receiver.

W8RMV Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2018 10:05 Send this review to a friend
Best Value/Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works very well with Sharp & Console S/W. Both companies are continually upgrading the software. Plus AIRSPY is now providing simple firmware updates. These updates improve performance & add features. All at no cost. Just download the new firmware & click on the .BAT file & away she goes. Very simple.
Unit comes in a very nice metal enclosure with USB cable. There are 2 very small & bright LEDs. The yellow one tells you the USB cable is connected between the HF+ & computer and powered up. The blue tells you it is up & running with the software on the computer. I also own an SDRPlay RSP2, but I prefer the HF+ performance and the support they provide.

K2LAX Rating: 4/5 Feb 14, 2018 17:32 Send this review to a friend
Better than DX Patrol  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would recommend using with SDR console V3 to get best reception and filters with seamless interface. Makes a great 2nd radio /pan adapter for monitoring. Reception is impressive but slightly less compared to IC7300 A/B same antennas. I have been using DX Patrol MK4 which is noticeably less receptive.

KC8HXO Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2018 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Stupendous value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love it.I use several flavors of software with it. Rig has different properties with each flavor of software. Have had 5 different SDR rigs, none of which were the "low dollar" variety. This is my favorite so far. Lots of bang for the buck.

G4OER Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2018 09:04 Send this review to a friend
Astounding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's so good I'm wondering why I spent such a lot of money on my Yaesu FTDX5000! Highly recommended especially with Simon Brown's Console program.
If you are just starting out in our hobby, an FT450D and Airspy is pretty much all you're going to need.
Just make sure you don't accidently transmit whilst the airspy is connected to an aerial!!

K4KRW Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2017 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Value - Great Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This SDR connects to a computer via a USB cable. I have used it with a Windows 10 PC (Note - no support for Windows XP). I have used SDR# and also SDR Console V3 for the controlling software.

I also connected it to a Raspberry PI running SpyServer. Spyserver allows you to use the Airspy HF+ over WiFi. Your PC runs SDR Software (SDR# in my case) and gets a data stream from Spyserver running on the Pi. There is a small amount of latency in this configuration. But, it is really nice to be able to browse the bands from anywhere in the house. There is also a Windows version of Spyserver. So, a PC could replace the Pi.

The device is tiny. It is about the size of a credit card. It has a very nice and solid aluminum case. There is an SMA port for HF and one for VHF.

On a windows PC it about as plug and play as anything I've ever seen. Just install your software of choice (SDR# or SDR Console V3 - for example). Then just plug the device into the USB port. Then choose Airspy HF+ in the software. I did not have to load any drivers.

Configuring the Raspberry Pi is a different story. I got it working pretty quickly. However, I'm familiar with Linux. This is one area where you really have to search the web for help.

The receiver's performance is spectacular. I have not had any problem with overloading. I have listened to hams on HF CW and SSB. I have listened to 2 meter FM. Also I have listened to shortwave stations, aircraft frequencies, AM and FM stereo broadcasts. All have sounded great. On HF The receiver seems to be at least as sensitive as the one in my KX3 (which is very good).

I really like this receiver.