Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Jetstream JTBAL11G Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTBAL11G
Jetstream JTBAL11G Reviews: 1 Average rating: 0.0/5 MSRP: $$37.95
Description: 1:1 1.5KW Balun
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.biz/product_info.php?products_id=72254&osCsid=qk3jvu9hg2ts5l3r1n9sjchk94

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTBAL11G.

AK6OK Rating: 0/5 Jan 21, 2018 07:47 Send this review to a friend
Don't buy this thing! Really bad!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
About a year ago, I bought a Jetstream JTBAL11G Balun new in the original package. About a week ago, after a heavy rainstorm, I could not tune the antenna. I figured that something had gotten wet and just waited for it to dry out. On further investigation, I went to remove the coax from the radio and discovered water pouring out of the connector. I pulled the antenna down, and confirmed that the connector on the bottom of the balun was sealed well and could not figure out how the water got in.

I replaced the balun and the coax and disassembled the balun to find what you see in these images. First, they used silicone sealer instead of a rubber gasket to water seal the balun. That obviously failed. There were some type of bugs growing inside the balun, all fried because of the amp I had connected. And the balun was full of water. And the water entered the sealed connecter through the balun, and destroyed the coax as well.

This is a very poorly designed and sealed balun and how the bugs got inside, I don't know unless they were there during manufacturing. You make up your own mind but I would not buy another Jetstream balun unless something seriously changes! Stick with a well designed balun like a DX Engineering, Palomar or another well known manufacturer!

Jeff AK6OK