Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | NOVA-ECO VEICOLARE Help

Reviews Summary for NOVA-ECO VEICOLARE
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: HF MONOBAND HELICAL WHIPS

You can write your own review of the NOVA-ECO VEICOLARE.

EA3WR Rating: 4/5 Aug 21, 2009 06:50 Send this review to a friend
Good for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
A bit tricky to adjust on lower bands but very good performer. Be patient with the adjustment rods by moving them in 1mm steps or it will drive you crazy trying to achieve a low SWR reading. Before any adjustment make sure you have the best possible grounding to your car chassis. I would not recommend magnetic mount.

EA2AIJ Rating: 4/5 May 6, 2001 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Good for the higher bands and CHEAP!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Good antenna, if you compare it with the Comet CAHV. I had been trying to find a mobile antenna that would allow me to work on 20 meters without having to use any antenna tuners, and this antenna is providing decent results in this respect. Of course, the bandwidth on this band is not very wide (1.1 - 20Khz) but this is just good enough for me. Performance on higher bands has proved to be very satisfactory. I have not even tested it on the lower bands, but I suppose it'll be kind of difficult to adjust there. The antenna is quite cheap and convenient. You can even mount it on a magnet. However, no specific magnet mount is sold for this antenna (in Spain). If you want to use it on this type of mount, you need to modify any magnet mounts on sale. This is not difficult to do as long as you find the proper mount.

All the best
EA2AIJ
Tony

EA5ON Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2001 09:39 Send this review to a friend
SURPRISINGLY GOOD  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had been toying with the idea of going mobile for a while but had problems deciding on antennas, mostly due to problems with mounting but also pricing (US antennas cost a lot to import). I discovered the antenna in my local radio store, after searching throught lots of catalogues. The basic set is 5 monoband whips (10-80), helically wound on fibreglass and shrinkwrap plastic covering, about 1.5m (5') high and with a small tuning tip. It comes with a base spring and coax, ready for roof (drill) mounting. There is also a WARC band kit available, which I bought, along with a universal mount to enable mounting on the back of my estate car. Total cost abt USD 140 at today's exchange rate, about half the price of the nearest option.

How does it work? With 100W SSB from my TS-140S, I have worked 153 countries during my lunch hours since I installed it 9 months ago, including KH0, A5, VK9X, VU, 8Q, PW0, PY0F, and a long list of etceteras. I guess that is the best testimony I can give it!

Any faults? Not really. The low band operation is difficult but that's to be expected with the small size and the relatively small ground plane.

I haven't found a website, but the spanish distributors are radio alfa and you can find them on www.radio-alfa.com, or contact me for any further info.