Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | IAC Shorty 80 Meter Double Bazooka antenna Help

Reviews Summary for IAC Shorty 80 Meter Double Bazooka antenna
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$179
Description: For 80 meters. The same high-performance, Mil-Spec
quality construction of our standard double-bazooka
antenna, in a smaller size! This unique coil design,
coupled with the already proven Double Bazooka Antenna
characteristics, provides maximum radiation efficiency
and a broad bandwidth but in a reduced length.
More info: http://iacantennas.com/80m-Shorty-Double-Bazooka-Antenna.20

You can write your own review of the IAC Shorty 80 Meter Double Bazooka antenna.

W8WMM Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2018 08:31 Send this review to a friend
As advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna was one of the few viable options for 75m at my QTH. It was recommended by an informal 40m group which I sometimes tune in.
Followed supplied installation instructions to a tee. Apex at about 50', fed w/ 75' RG8X, inverted vee w/ 120 deg. angle. SWR is 1.02:1 on trim (fold-back) freq. of 3.850 and < 1.2 across the 75m phone band.
I worked three 80m nets last night with 29 QSOs in about 4 hours - many 5 by 9s from guys I couldn't pull out of the mud on 20 or 40. Had lots of people ask about the antenna.
I could not be more pleased. The antenna also passed the wind test last night - 40 mph. I used screen door springs as suggested for strain relief.
Outstanding design, materials, workmanship and tech support in getting it deployed.