Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Icom SP-21 Help

Reviews Summary for Icom SP-21
Icom SP-21 Reviews: 27 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $140.00 (street $100.00)
Description: External speaker

You can write your own review of the Icom SP-21.

W0DKM Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2007 06:11 Send this review to a friend
No problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of these speakers, Sound Great. They have a hollow sound, but this seems to improve ledgabilty for me? Maybe not a good choice for "Audio" types. I just want to understand what I am hearing. A this speaker does that well.

N8ERM Rating: 0/5 Feb 28, 2005 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Bad deal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I for the most part like Icom products. This however is poor quality. How this got past their Qualty Control department I will never know. I too looked inside . It is a $1.00 speaker in a $99.00 inclosure. Thank goodness I was able to return it and only had to eat the shipping charges.

VE3QAC Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2005 06:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great speaker that matches the Pro line

N2MWE Rating: 4/5 Jun 11, 2004 11:17 Send this review to a friend
Good for my R75  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this speaker on my Icom R75 to monitor HF Aviation. It beats the hell out of the built in speaker. I have not noticed "tinny" audio...to my ears, it sounds pretty well balanced for SSB and CW.

NT9E Rating: 2/5 Mar 3, 2004 12:56 Send this review to a friend
Save your money  Time owned: more than 12 months
I originally purchased the SP-21 with my 756PROII and did not like the audio range but it matched the equipment well. I have since replaced the SP-21 with an RCA 40-5024 4" cube speaker. These were sold at Radio Shack for their RCA Surround Sound systems and I bought 3 when RS closed them out last year.
The enclosures are acousticly sealed. In fact I use 3 of them. (2 for my IC-910H and 1 for my IC-756PROII(look up my call on eham and you can see the speakers in use).

PIPKIN Rating: 3/5 Mar 3, 2004 12:23 Send this review to a friend
Little speaker, a lot of fresh air  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Undo the speaker casing screws and you'll discover that the actual speaker enclosure only extends a couple of inches behind the speaker grill. The speaker is mounted in a sealed plastic enclosure (front face of which is visible) which is itself mounted in the metal case with glue and screws. The outer case is simply a cosmetic exercise to match depth of the Icom unit for which this speaker was designed. It works, but wouldn't it be nice to use the whole enclosure to better acoustic effect?

NM1R Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2004 00:22 Send this review to a friend
Very nice accessory  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the Icom SP-21 external speaker for the IC-746PRO transceiver. It is a very nice accessory, looks great and sounds better than the built in speaker.

IW0HEX Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2004 12:32 Send this review to a friend
No problem  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very nice. No problem with my IC746.
73s Pasquale IW0HEX

SP1EK Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2003 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Quite good..  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought it with my IC 756 and I think that audio quality is much better than internal speaker.It looks great with IC 756 and make good line of ICOM equipment.

Bart SP1EK
sp1ek@wp.pl

KC8CXZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2003 01:06 Send this review to a friend
Sounds good to me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I think the sound quality of the SP-21, over the internal speaker in the 756, is much improved. Sideband and CW sounds excellent on this speaker. I am quite pleased.