Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs Hybrid Balun #4116 Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs Hybrid Balun #4116
Balun Designs  Hybrid  Balun #4116 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $92
Description: A new hybrid balun design using two cores to be used for
isolation and matching. Specifically meant for OCF dipoles.

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs Hybrid Balun #4116.

K6RQR Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2018 09:23 Send this review to a friend
Another superb balun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I switched over to an OCF dipole recently and was having troubles with common mode currents which were caused by the cheap current balun that I was using to match my RG-8X coax at the feedpoint. I contacted Bob at Balun Designs and and he recommended his new hybrid model, the #4116, It features two baluns in one box. One is an isolation balun to keep my feedline from radiating and the other is a 4:1 balun to provide the proper matching to my coax.
After I replaced the cheaper balun with this 4116 model I noticed that the feedback problem was solved. The new balun works very well and it seems that I also have lower noise levels on 160 and 80 meters. I am very pleased with my purchase and I highly recommend Balun Designs if you are considering a balun for your antenna system. I also suggest that you visit Bob's website. It is excellent and provides a great deal of helpful information to assist you in selecting what balun best meets your needs.