Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Icom 756PRO Series LED Upgrade Help

Reviews Summary for Icom 756PRO Series LED Upgrade
Icom 756PRO Series LED Upgrade Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $150.00 USD
Description: LED back light upgrade for the Icom 756PRO Series. Replaces the aging CCFL lights which are prone to failure. Also eliminates the worry of the HV inverter circuit failing.

You can write your own review of the Icom 756PRO Series LED Upgrade.

W8HMK Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2018 16:21 Send this review to a friend
W8HMK Icom 756 Pro III LED Upgrade  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is not a review of the product but rather a review of the service provided by VE3TMT - Max - as I am preparing to have my 756 Pro III upgraded. I purchased the kit from Max which arrived today with the step by step installation instructions. Looks like it may be a bigger job than this old guy is capable of doing. Sent an email to Max asking if I decided not to do it but wanted him to do it would that be workable. I had a response within 15 minutes - maybe less - telling me exactly how that could work. I asked several more questions and again had very prompt, helpful responses from Max. I am proceeding with great confidence that I will receive excellent service in a very professional way. Thanks, Max!
K2JSB Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2018 09:57 Send this review to a friend
Awesome upgrade !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my Icom 756 Pro II panel with LED Backlight upgrade back from Max. Just got the panel installed, and WOW !!!
Great product / and Job.
He now sells the Backlight in a Kit form.
If you own a Icom 756 Pro this kit is a "MUST".
Even if your display's backlighting is okay will fail in time.
And this is the only solution. In the backlighting circuit there are 4 common parts that of which is that is "not" available anywhere.
Thanks again Max
WB8HWF Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2018 08:03 Send this review to a friend
Well worth it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
VE3TMT, Max, kept me updated on the whole process from the time he received the PROIII panel along with pictures of his work in progress- until I received it. He emailed me making sure that I was pleased with his mod. The LED display is brighter with easier to read letters and numbers on the display. I am very pleased! The cost may "seem" expensive upfront, but if you plan to keep your PROIII for a very long time, this LED mod is worth it! One word of caution: if you haven't shipped to Canada for a long time, check with MAX about the potential "excessive" (IMHO) Canadian Customs fees before you ship! Thanks Max, VE3TMT, for a great job!