Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | N1MMlogger Help

Reviews Summary for N1MMlogger
N1MMlogger Reviews: 85 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: A free log contest for CW, SSB and RTTY

You can write your own review of the N1MMlogger.

N8XI Rating: 4/5 Oct 26, 2013 21:02 Send this review to a friend
I connected my rig :)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using N1MM for several years.
I have been entering mode and frequency manually all these years.
I found the serial to usb adapter and CD which was included with my Ten Tec OMNI VII that I purchased in 2009.
Put the CD in the W7 PC and it had drivers for Win XP & Vista.
Called Ten Tec and Gary said the serial to usb cable has a defect in it.
I remembered that I had (DB-9) Com-1 & Com-3 added to this computer when I bought it. NOT from a big lot store :)
I had a standard DB-9 cable in my junk box, which made it easier to set up!

No more making errors with N1MM Entry Window and having to Edit, which takes up precious time in a contest:(

Using N1MM with the rig doing half the work is much more fun now!!

73, Rick - N8XI

K6KQV Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2013 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Great contest logger.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used N1MM logging program for the last two state qso parties. It works very well. Thank you N1MM team for this free S/W. We seniors really appreciate it.

Vy 73
KC0W Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2013 05:41 Send this review to a friend
The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread or Keith Richards  Time owned: more than 12 months
Wonderfully STABLE program which has continuous (weekly) updates on the N1MM website.........Great program for all you incredibly "frugal" (just plain ass cheap) amateurs as well. Everyone likes free, right?

I put 21,600+ Q's into N1MM in 2012 without any hiccups at all. I augment N1MM with a K1EL USB Winkeyer which makes contest QRQ CW both accurate & highly enjoyable.

It's free, it's simple & it works.........."Good luck in the contest".

KE2TR Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2012 09:39 Send this review to a friend
Great contest log  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
To the last poster, I just started using N1MM after many years of using CT but my old windows 95 computer died so when I got a new laptop and downloaded N1MM it was like it was made for it. I only played around with it during some qso's on 40 during the CQWW DX phone and liked it allot. I do use the DX log format for regular logging and it work fine for that, name and coments space does enough but its soo easy to use.
WB3CII Rating: 4/5 Nov 21, 2012 19:07 Send this review to a friend
Pretty nice except ....  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I just recently became interested in contesting after years of occasional rag chews and dxing. I have used the N1MM software for four contests so far and it has worked great. Very easy to use for someone who has used a paper log for 40 years :)

The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 is that it does not have a general logging function. Now that they have hooked me on using an electronic log I cannot beleive that the program does not also offer a general log for day to day use and give it the ability to integrate each contest log and have a running account of all activity. Instead, I am trying to choose another general log program and making sure it will accept the logs from N1MM :(
K4QE Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2012 22:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Software and Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using N1MM for several years now in all kinds of contests. Never had a lick of trouble with it. Support is second to none as evidenced by the rapid response of Tom and the rest of the crew who write it on the N1MM Yahoo group.

I used N1MM 12.6.0 in the recent June VHF QSO Party, and it performed flawlessly. I exported my log in Cabrillo format, and it was processed and accepted by the ARRL Contest Robot without any hiccups. Not sure what happened to the previous reviewer who reported a problem doing so. It was likely some sort of pilot error rather than a flaw with the software.
N5RMS Rating: 2/5 Jun 20, 2012 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Bloated  Time owned: more than 12 months
At onetime N1MM was easy and fast to use and learn. However over the years it has had many many revisions for various needless reasons. I recently used it for the ARRL JuneVHF contest only to find that export log function is not compatable with ARRL contest robot. I spent the next 2 hours correcting the log format so that it would load to the contest robot. Never had this problem before. It has become a bloated software program for the select few.
VE6EX Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2012 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi All:
This is my first effort with a win logging program and I would call it a 10/10. I really can't say how impressed I am at the friendly help that is available if you need it. I loaded it, did setup with two screens, used it, needed help, (Thanks Steve n2ic and John) and am convinced that it is the way to go. Highly recommended, and if I can do it you can too.
Dan VE6EX..
N1TX Rating: 4/5 Jun 26, 2011 13:36 Send this review to a friend a point  Time owned: more than 12 months
Update: I first reviewed N1MM in January 2008 having used it on and off for several contests at KL2R. Three years on, I can still say it's one of the best logging programs available for the solo contester or running multi-single. And if you need PSK support in your contest or DXpedition logger, this is THE program to use.

In a multi-multi environment, not so much. My conclusion comes after three years of using N1MM for Field Day. While moderately difficult to set up in a networked Windows XP environment, the program has some very nice features for the M/M station. That said, the basic infrastructure seems fragile, as interdependencies of various parameters means everything has to be "just right" to work effectively for the entire operating period. Exception handling is limited, and it's very easy with a few clicks of the mouse to cause major issues . Thank goodness log retention is quite robust, although NEVER exit multi-user mode once a contest has started. You risk obliterating the log. Feedback from error messages, if any do appear, is not particularly meaningful, either. During the past two Field Days, I have spent more time troubleshooting the program and multi-user configuration than I did operating.

The N1MM gang have done an incredible job packing so many features into a free software suite, and I will continue to use N1MM in some SO and MS contests, but never again will I endeavor to keep it going in the heat of battle of a multi-multi contest.
W2OSR Rating: 4/5 May 16, 2011 07:57 Send this review to a friend
A problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used N1MM for contesting and have found it to be great program. However I can't get it to work with the TimeWave USB to CI-V cable and my ICOM 910H. The TimeWave cable works with my other logging programs.