Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | N1MMlogger Help

Reviews Summary for N1MMlogger
N1MMlogger Reviews: 79 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: A free log contest for CW, SSB and RTTY
More info: http://www.N1MM.com

You can write your own review of the N1MMlogger.

N5RMS Rating: 2/5 Jun 20, 2012 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Bloated  Time owned: more than 12 months
At onetime N1MM was easy and fast to use and learn. However over the years it has had many many revisions for various needless reasons. I recently used it for the ARRL JuneVHF contest only to find that export log function is not compatable with ARRL contest robot. I spent the next 2 hours correcting the log format so that it would load to the contest robot. Never had this problem before. It has become a bloated software program for the select few.

VE6EX Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2012 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi All:
This is my first effort with a win logging program and I would call it a 10/10. I really can't say how impressed I am at the friendly help that is available if you need it. I loaded it, did setup with two screens, used it, needed help, (Thanks Steve n2ic and John) and am convinced that it is the way to go. Highly recommended, and if I can do it you can too.
Dan VE6EX..

N1TX Rating: 4/5 Jun 26, 2011 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Good...to a point  Time owned: more than 12 months
Update: I first reviewed N1MM in January 2008 having used it on and off for several contests at KL2R. Three years on, I can still say it's one of the best logging programs available for the solo contester or running multi-single. And if you need PSK support in your contest or DXpedition logger, this is THE program to use.

In a multi-multi environment, not so much. My conclusion comes after three years of using N1MM for Field Day. While moderately difficult to set up in a networked Windows XP environment, the program has some very nice features for the M/M station. That said, the basic infrastructure seems fragile, as interdependencies of various parameters means everything has to be "just right" to work effectively for the entire operating period. Exception handling is limited, and it's very easy with a few clicks of the mouse to cause major issues . Thank goodness log retention is quite robust, although NEVER exit multi-user mode once a contest has started. You risk obliterating the log. Feedback from error messages, if any do appear, is not particularly meaningful, either. During the past two Field Days, I have spent more time troubleshooting the program and multi-user configuration than I did operating.

The N1MM gang have done an incredible job packing so many features into a free software suite, and I will continue to use N1MM in some SO and MS contests, but never again will I endeavor to keep it going in the heat of battle of a multi-multi contest.

W2OSR Rating: 4/5 May 16, 2011 07:57 Send this review to a friend
A problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used N1MM for contesting and have found it to be great program. However I can't get it to work with the TimeWave USB to CI-V cable and my ICOM 910H. The TimeWave cable works with my other logging programs.

KG3V Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2011 04:55 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Contest Logging Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using N1MM about 3 years now. I am still learning all the features. It is a superb piece of software. I have used tons of free software, and this is as good as it gets.

There apparently are other contest loggers out there but I tried this one first and have no need for any more.

I mainly use N1MM in ARRL SS and the Virgina QSO Party. This year, for the first time, I started using it in SO2R mode with an Elecraft K2 and an ICOM IC-7000. Best score ever, but still a long way to go. The ease of use and the extent of the functions available make N1MM a real joy to use.

I have heard that there are sometimes "troubled" releases (like any software), but have never had a problem. You do want to check often (weekly?) for new releases, as they come frequently.

N3MX Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2011 12:40 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an Excellent contest logger. I have used N1MM off and on now for several years. It continues be a solid reliable program. The support is fantastic. I have used it in Windows XP, Vista 64bit and now Windows 7 64bit. If you run into an issue there is always someone there to help in the forums.
I bounce back and forth between N1MM & Win-test and enjoy both of them immensely.

KO4GS Rating: 4/5 Mar 21, 2011 19:56 Send this review to a friend
Worked well for the VA QSO Party  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used the N1MM contest logging program for just basic logging and it worked quite well. The program correctly IDed Dupes and easily connected to the FT-950 with CAT control correctly pulling mode and frequency data from the rig to the log. Of course, it dated and timed the QSOs and it even tallied the points though I am not 100% sure of its accuracy - it appears to be correct based upon a cursory review of the QSO Party rules built into the program. I was able to easily export the contest log in both CABRILLO and ADIF formats - one for the contest submission and the other imported into my primary logger: HRD. If I could make a wish list for a free program which worked very well: A list of VA counties and independant cities to tally progress - simlilar to the country list therein. But that is nitpicking as I simply checked of the county/city manually as I worked them. The program DOES flag new multipliers including cities/counties, states and CA Provinces as well as bonus multipliers so it is "aware" and reports progress as you work them - just not in a list/tally format (as far as I am aware). Regardless, it proved very able and did not get in the way of operations.

ON9CC Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2011 02:31 Send this review to a friend
Great and improving every day!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great, improved almost every day and free :-)
What more can I say.

N5VU Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2011 10:19 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
It does great in every aspect. It's my only logging software that I have and I use it mostly in search & pounce mode. Over the last three years that I have used it, I have logged over 14000 contacts with it. CW, SSB, RTTY & PSK.

K6YE Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2010 05:04 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this program for some time with my IC=775DSP and it rocks. I recently acquired an FTDX-5000MP and using FT-2000 settings, I am still in business.

Keep up the good work!