Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | CodeQuick 2000 Morse Code Learning Program Help

Reviews Summary for CodeQuick 2000 Morse Code Learning Program
Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $$29.95
Description: Code Quick goes to your speech center. Only Code Quick sends the code to the language part of your brain for instant recognition, permanent memory and no plateaus. You hear each code symbol as an English sound-alike. With a little practice you will recognize code as easily as speech. Only Code Quick walks you through each character with fun and humor to make learning fast and exciting. Unforgettable cartoon cards, and unique learning activities lock the image to the code symbol instantly and forever in your mind.
More info: http://www.cq2k.com

You can write your own review of the CodeQuick 2000 Morse Code Learning Program.

K6RSG Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2005 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Program - Great Customer Support!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the software and Audio CD bundle last year. The combination helped me get past my Morse Code test in about 2-3 weeks. Since that time (May '04) I've not worked CW. As I recently replaced my older Win9x based PC with a brand new XP PC, I phoned Jerry and he instantly provided me with the revised password, etc.

I'm exploring refreshing my CW -- this time at my own leisure with no pressure.

Still enjoy the program and the customer service is exceptional!

Very 73,

Rob - AK9G
(Prev. K6RSG)

KC0UXC Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2005 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Fun and Easy!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this program less than 2 months ago. I would run the program 2 times a day (lunch and after supper) for about 45 minutes each. My 9 and 5 year old loved it also, we would have "who can say the letter first" contests. My 9 yr. old knows at least half the code. I passed the CW test the first time with no errors. Schedule your time, stick with it, and it is easy!! This program makes it FUN and EASY for the 5wpm test and you can crank it up and push your limits. I would give it a 10. Service was great with fast email replies also.

KG6POG Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2005 19:46 Send this review to a friend
Very easy and Quick  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I decided to go after my general last fall (Oct. 2004) and it took me three weeks to pass the 5 wpm with an excellant score.
I had trouble at first finding the rythum used in Code Quick, but after getting used to the rythum it went pretty fast.

I've heard of people passing the test in two weeks and under using Code Quick, but I felt pretty good about getting it done in three.

I would recommend this to just about anyone, but I have heard people say they have trouble getting the rythum, so it might not be the best for everyone but it sure worked for me.

KB3KTX Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2004 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Concept  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would have been bored to death having to learn morse code by memorization. The "catch phrase" method VERY QUICKLY teaches you the pattern for each symbol. The longer you listen to the CW, the more you recognize the patterns themselves -- you'll only have to "translate" through the catch-phrases for the symbols you still have problems with. At 5wpm, you can almost rely on the phrases entirely... but I didn't do that myself...

Bottom line: This software is WELL WORTH the $30 or so.

Here's another tip for cramming right before the test. I didn't buy their CD -- I made my own. I typed my own text in the codequick window, leaving tons of space between symbols (luckily the software works that way, treating each space as a delay). I then plugged in a microphone and fired up windows sound recorder. I let codequick do the CW, then counted one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, then said aloud what it was. I did this for about ten characters at a time. I then used sound recorder to cut each WAV into multiple WAVS (using the remove before / remove after edit functions). The result was 40+ little WAV files. I burned these onto a CD, put them in my truck, and put the CD player on RANDOM. I did this drill to and from work for the two weeks before my exam. I'd try to say the symbol as fast as I could after the CW played. If I got it wrong, my own voice corrected me 2 seconds later.

I passed my exam on the first try, about a month after deciding I was going to. I missing maybe 2 or 3 symbols, and got all 10 questions correct.

Good luck to all other newbie (or wanna be) CW'ers out there!

73 -- KB3KTX

KB3GUN Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2004 15:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Program  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I too had great luck with CodeQuick after trying many other "systems". I prefer the CD's over the software as I could take it anywhere I went. It took me 3 weeks (it would have been 2 if I had followed the plan) to hit 5 WPM. Like someone else here said, I also learned to enjoy CW after learning with CodeQuick.

K5LOR Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2003 18:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Morse Code Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used this program to learn Morse Code from scratch. I travel a great deal for work, so I played the CDs in the truck in between stops. It took a solid three weeks for me to learn enough code to feel comfortable taking the exam. I did not use CodeQuick's practice software because there are many online practice webpages. The sound alike method is very cheesy, but the code sticks in your head, which is the whole purpose of the program. I would highly recommend this product. I have no plans to use CW anytime soon, but I will use these CDs to brush up on my code and speed up before trying. Getting up to speed (5wpm) to take the Element 1 Exam has never been as easy a chore as it is with CodeQuick 2000. Good luck Techs and do yourself a favor, buy CodeQuick now and ace your Element 1.

K7RTM Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2003 11:50 Send this review to a friend
Worked for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't think I would have my general if not for this software. It really works, just be paitent when learning code - it doesn't happen over night.

W6YB Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2003 20:49 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I learn morse code in about 2 weeks. It is a great program and it should work very well.

73, Andrew W6YB

W2STE Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2003 17:08 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Even though I did not learn the code in the advertised 2 week time period, I found the code learning process of Code Quick to be excellent.

Even my wife learned some of the code listening to me practice.

KC2GUY Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2003 16:57 Send this review to a friend
THANK YOU QUICK CODE  Time owned: more than 12 months
AFTER TRYING THE CODE AND FAILING, I GOT QUICK CODE. USED IT FOR A MONTH, NOT ONLY DID I PASS BUT I ACTUALLY STARTED TO LIKE CW...EVEN MY KIDS NOW KNOW MORSE CODE AFTER HEARING ME STUDY USING THE CD.
GET IT AND IT WILL DO THE JOB. Not sure it I would have continued in HAM if it wasn't for this CD..Thank you Quick Code for letting me pursue a great hobby.