Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | M2 6M-5X Help

Reviews Summary for M2 6M-5X
Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $209
Description: 5 Element Six Meter Beam on an 18' Boom

You can write your own review of the M2 6M-5X.

KE4KVW Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2003 09:20 Send this review to a friend
SWEET ANTENNA!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is so simple to assemble and has some real PUNCH on 6 with just 100 watts out of my IC-746 and at only 55ft..If I can hear them I can work them with NO problem! The materials and workmanship is so much better than any antennas I have ever owned or put together in the past.If you want some attention on SIX Meters this baby will get it for you.It is also light so it has very little wind load and does not strain any rotor system.M2 has a WINNER with this jewel.I am looking forward to the contests now with the 6M5X doing my WALKING while I do the TALKING! Give one a try and you will LOVE it just like me!

WH6LR Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2002 13:25 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANT!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
SUPER ANTENNA CAN CONSITANLY OUT TALK AND OUT HEAR MOST STATIONS. WITH THE M2 6M5X I HAVE WON JUNE 01 , SEPT 01 AND JAN 02 CONTEST FORM EM04 FOR THE STATE OF OK.

73''S DE JIM
WH6LR

WB2WIK Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2001 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just installed a new 6M5X on October 27, atop my new tower installed just a few weeks earlier. Didn't get to use it much until the past week (busy), and what great timing that was.

November 17-18 weekend, 6m sounded more like 20m and the band was open probably 24 hours out of 48...worked CT, EH, GM, GW, VE1 through VE4 plus VE9 and VY1, W1 through W4, CO, TG, YV, VP5, KL7, three pages of JA's and a DU1. Obviously, Mother Nature had a lot to do with this, and the band was open for everyone; however, I was impressed with the 6M5X pattern (at 54' above ground) and effectively used the beam to null out QRM, which was a huge problem last weekend (and not a common problem on six meters!). Its front-to-back seems to be consistently 20dB, and front-to-side is very large, maybe 40dB average, depending on the signal received. I have no way to measure actual gain, but with such a sharp, clean pattern one assumes there must be forward gain as well!

It loads very well without any adjustment, just setting the T-match to the factory prescribed dimensions...VSWR just about 1.0:1 at 50.2 MHz. It's much worse up in the FM subband (above 52 MHz), but isn't claimed to work there.

Assembly is easy, hardware quality excellent, balun assembly and weatherproofing methodology very well thought out, and the assembled antenna weighs so little that the coaxial cable hanging from it during installation unbalances the antenna in a major way (since the coax probably weighs as much as the antenna)! No problem, though. I'm pretty sure my 10 year-old daughter could handle installing this antenna.

Good work, M2!

WB2WIK/6

W2TMA Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2001 20:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very pleased with this beam. Light enough (about 9 lbs) and short enough for a small to medium rotor. Easy to assemble and solid construction. Holds up well in high wind.

SSB electronics has the best price on these (about 189+ shipping I think) so give them a call if you are in the market