Reviews Categories | Ham Radio Book Resellers | W7FG Vintage Manuals Help

Reviews Summary for W7FG Vintage Manuals
Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $5-35
Description: W7FG Vintage Manuals is the place to go to find excellent manuals for your old radios. These are not shabby photo copies, but binded and excellent photo copying of manuals so you can read them. In manuals that include schematics
W7FG does a great job of producing usable and readable schematics.
More info: http://www.w7fg.com

You can write your own review of the W7FG Vintage Manuals.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2013 19:02 Send this review to a friend
ANOTHER stellar deal!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Gee, I see I was the last poster for this excellent vendor a few years ago.... Time for an update.

I have recently purchased a pair of Swan 250C radios. Yes, there are free manuals available on the www. You DO get what you pay for. All the 'free manuals' schematics had a readability problem EXACTLY where I had a problem.
The W7FG manuals were not only contained a perfect schematic, they had a lot of information I couldn't find anywhere else on the web!!!

Best $ I ever spent. Again!!

VK3DWZ Rating: 4/5 Aug 20, 2008 01:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading the reviews of W7FG vintage Manuals, I decided to take a punt and I ordered the manual for the Collins 51J-3 receiver. It arrived this morning having been sent by express mail (for which we paid a premium). The reprint is very good, and clear, altho' the photographs are rather dark making detail hard to see. The manual was comb-bound and is probably as good as the original. I hope to order more manuals from W7FG in the future.

W2PA Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2008 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Next best thing to original  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a Heathkit SB-101 manual to help me completely rebuild one. It's very high quality, with fold-out diagrams just like the original. Better than original, the binding allows it to lay flat on the desk. I'd look here again first for any manual I need.

N0CGF Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2004 06:55 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having built many Heathkits, I came across a SB-102 non working in wich I needed a manual. From eham posted recommendations I contacted W7FG Friday 10-01 2004 to order a assembly manual for the SB 102. I received it Monday morning 10-04-2004. It must have been shipped the same day to get from Oklahoma to Minnesota that fast. The manual was in every way a direct copy of the orgional manual, EXCELLENT, They will be my first contact when I need a manual,,,73's....Dennis
Also the price was very fair for the quality of the manual.

KG4VBR Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2004 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked up a Ten-Tec omni D on Sunday 06/12/04.Of course no manuals included.I ordered the transceiver and power supply manuals on-line Sunday night 06/12/04.When I came home wednesday after work 06/15/04 they were in the mailbox!!Excellent quality and content.I would not hesitate to use them again.A 1st class operation.Thanks guys.

73 Joe Patrick K4XZ

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2004 08:10 Send this review to a friend
There When You Need Them!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've bought over 10 manuals from these guys now, ranging from Hewlett-Packard test equipment, to Yaesu, Kenwood, Heathkit, Icom and even LaFayette, and EVERY ONE has been perfect! The manuals are a duplication of the originals, right down to the huge fold-out schematics some came with, nicely bound in a spiral binder with heavy covers. 1st class all the way, and much more resonable than paying outrageous "collectors" prices for the "real" manual. Hey, I don't want to stick it in a museum, I want to USE it, and that means getting some finger prints on it, or marking it up with notes. WELL worth the money, and fast shipping, too.

WA4FOM Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2003 20:47 Send this review to a friend
If you need a "boat anchor" manual, look no further  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is a painful reality that the old/vintage/obsolete/boat-anchor-style equipment generally
outlasts its own documentation. It is a natural byproduct of the procurement process; we all
want the device, but the attendant manual(s) is/are a secondary consideration until later on
when we want to service the unit. The seller of said equipment generally either doesn't have/
can't find / is too lazy to look for the manual(s).

W7FG fills this gap.

If you happen to be a collector and want a "mint untouched, perfect, original" copy of the
documentation, look elsewhere. If you want an informative readable, high quality representation
of Heath's original manual, you've come to the right place. The manuals are definitely
photocopies, but they are complete and have a spiral plastic backbone that actually makes them
physically superior to the original article. By the way, the prices are entirely reasonable.

KZ9G Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2003 00:43 Send this review to a friend
First Class.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Dittos with K5KA. Ordered a manual for a FT-102 awhile back. I received quickly and it was nicely printed and bound. Great product.

73 de Steve, KZ9G

K5KA Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2003 10:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just bought an old Heathkit scope and needed a manual. The W7FG manuals come with a professional looking binder that will last and the copy quality is excellent. If you need a manual this should be your choice.

VE7TLH Rating: 4/5 Nov 28, 2001 16:33 Send this review to a friend
Good product & service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the Icom IC-730 manual since my 'almost a boat anchor' didn't come with one.

It arrived (to Canada) well packed and in good condition. It is a good quality photocopy of an original Icom IC730 manual. The only flaw I could point out is that the original is slightly better in the photos of the PC Boards. (shadow detail lost in the photocopy process) Beyond that, the overall product is very good, well bound and should last at least as long as the factory product.

I would buy from them again, and probably will buy the service manual for the ic-730 in fact.

Logan