Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Autek WM-1 Help

Reviews Summary for Autek WM-1
Autek WM-1 Reviews: 79 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $132.95
Description: SWR/power meter with remote RF head.

You can write your own review of the Autek WM-1.

VA6DWH Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2016 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Does the Job !!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Finally found one of these meters at a flea market a while back....always wanted to try one...Really like the dual meter way of doing things....accurate ...easy to use....excellent addition to the shack....cross needle units just do not interest me....The PEP feature works very well....Very Happy....
KJ4KBC Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2015 13:18 Send this review to a friend
Very well done  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for two years and it is a very nice addition to my shack. Ordered it new and it came quickly without any issues. As far as the cabinet goes, it's sturdy and the lighting is adequate. It's accurate and is I was looking for beauty over accuracy and use, I would have keep my MFJ giant meter which looked good but wasn't very accurate. I hate it's discontinued but These meters will last for years so I'll hold on to mine and use it. If you find one and buy it, you'll be happy you did. 73's
W0EG Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2015 14:16 Send this review to a friend
Good Meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
Good meter, too bad the company is gone. However, the meter DC is positive ground connected to the case so this may conflict with your main DC supply if its negative is anywhere connected to the coax shield. I wanted the meter to go on when I turned on the main station supply so I added a DC to DC converter / isolator. Mean Well SPR01L-12, $5 from Jameco.
AB2IR Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2014 05:54 Send this review to a friend
Really nice   Time owned: more than 12 months
Love the twin meter display for quick reference. Main reason purchased was twin meters. Had one for years, but lightening pulse took it out. Immediately purchased a replacement 2010. Did not know they stopped production now. Keeping mine as a backup now. Always worked well.
W8QAP Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2014 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second review. Bought this meter new, have used it for over 4 years, and still very happy. Sad to hear they are out of production. Accuracy is more than adequate for my needs. The dual, illuminated meter are classic and a quick glance tells you all you need to know. Remote sense head make for an easy installation.
K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2013 21:02 Send this review to a friend
Out of production  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Really glad I got mine when I did. Everything you need in a meter, and nothing you don't need.

An earlier poster criticized the construction of the case, saying it looked "homebrew." Homebrew should look so good!

Rock solid, and outstanding value. If you find one at a hamfest, don't hem and hah, buy it!
W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2013 21:21 Send this review to a friend
DISCONTINUED! {:>(  Time owned: more than 12 months
GREAT accurate meter but it has now DISCONTINUED according to the AUTEK RESEARCH web site? I'm hanging onto mine as long as it keeps working.
K0OD Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2013 19:50 Send this review to a friend
20 Years and Still Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Autek WM-1 is 20 years old. The convenient remote head is charred from a lightning strike a decade ago. But it seems accurate on all three scales. I've used it in major DX contests at full legal power and in QRPP events running <1 watt. It goes months in my shack without being powered down.
N3TU Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2013 17:43 Send this review to a friend
Best Meter I Owned!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had this meter for two years already and never had a problem with it. I push 1.5 KW. A few times by accident I pushed high power into the low power setting and it has a protection feature. It is very accurate. I always tune up on 5 watts and tune the antenna to 1.1. Then I tune up the amp so it peaks out the meter and never had a problem. I like the fact it has a remote box for the jumpers.
AF3Y Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2012 07:53 Send this review to a friend
No problem meters!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of these meters. Have had them in service for over 4 or 5 years now and no complaints. I would buy another, if needed.