Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Alinco DJ-180 Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DJ-180
Alinco DJ-180 Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $150
Description: 2 meter FM HT. 5 Watts on high power, extra good sensitivity on receive. This radio is out of production, <br> but the DJ-280T looks identical to it, with exception of 220mhz. Lots of people use these for Packet Radio now.

You can write your own review of the Alinco DJ-180.

KF4TUZ Rating: 4/5 Mar 25, 2001 22:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent receive, speaker could be better.  Time owned: more than 12 months
The DJ-180 was my first Ham Radio. Options to a minimum, at least it had DTMF. The receive sensitivity was excellent, though the speaker/audio was a little weak. I could turn it all the way up and it not be loud enough for mobile operation. I used it with an adapter as a base for a long time before I bought me an actual mobile/base radio. As someone's first radio, or a low cost packet station I higly recommend. It's built fairly tough, though the battery pack could have been made a little better. Transmit reports were always good. The best single band HT that I have owned... (the only Single band HT that I have owned). Came standard with a rapid recharging base/stand... which I think should happen more often. If you can pick one up for 40-50 bucks that's a good deal.