Reviews Categories | Microphones | Marshall Electronics MXL-V57M Large Capsule Condenser w/MXL-57 I Help

Reviews Summary for Marshall Electronics MXL-V57M Large Capsule Condenser w/MXL-57 I
Marshall Electronics MXL-V57M Large Capsule Condenser w/MXL-57 I Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $350
Description: Marshall MXL-V57M classic studio style Large Capsule(25mm)Condenser,6-micron density, Gold Sputtered, Balanced FET Transformerless 30h-20k, SPL=130db, Sensitivity=15mV/Pa, 200ohm, Fixed Cardioid Pattern, Requires 48V Phantom Power, Size:50mmX190mm, Champagne Finish on Heavy(470g) Brass, Includes Swivel AND MXL-57 Isolation Mounts in Special Package w/3Year Warranty. $99.99 makes this Clean & Clear, Smooth & Flat Wide Response Classic Studio Microphone a Best Buy for taking your Amateur Radio Transmitting Audio to the next level and Much More!
More info: http://www.marsmusic.com/store/product_new.jhtml?catid=585&prodid=12575&skuid=0&deptid=9

You can write your own review of the Marshall Electronics MXL-V57M Large Capsule Condenser w/MXL-57 I.

KB9YVG Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2004 21:45 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the last two that Musicians Friend had in stock. For FM & SBB use a really nice mic, especially wtih a good preamp. I use a Behringer Ultra-Voice Digital preamp & PreSonus EQ3B Parametric equalizer. I have other mics in my collection including high end studio (include several $1000+ tube mics), several Heils and an MC-60. For Ham use I have found no other mic that performs better. The freq response is very flat and the sound quite smooth and warm, with just enough presence to cut thru. The bargin mic of the century

WTOKICH Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2001 13:46 Send this review to a friend
A beginners dream!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tried all the high end mic's to compare with MXLV57M and I couldn't detect much difference if any. For a newbie to the recording arena this mic has got a great bang for the buck. I think this will help bring my home recording project up to the next level in professionalism.

WV4R Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2001 11:00 Send this review to a friend
MXL-V57M & MXL-57 Isolation Mount is a Winner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After three months of searching for a Studio Quality Large Capsule Condenser Classic Studio Microphone, I found this MXL-V57M and MXL-57 Isolation Mount as a Special Package! MSRP of $350 made $99.99 Very tempting... but would it work with my voice and my new Kenwood TS-870... a resounding YES. Aside from all the 'techy specs', this microphone appears to be fairly identical to the SCM910,MXL-67,MXL2001 & others using the 25mm/6micron, gold-sputtered capsulated Diaphragm element. This one is FET Balanced Transformerless output which makes it a bit hotter and brighter? It Requires 48V Phanthom Power from a pre-amp. I EQed it with my W2IHY 8-Band EQ and Behringer Audio Rack with Great results! It has Lotza Output and is very clean and clear as well as super flat as you would expect from a quality condenser. The Champagne finish on heavy brass coupled with the black factory shock mount makes it the most beautiful addition to my Lo-Fi amateur radio audio chain. It is no better or worse than any of the current Large Condensers, However, at $99.99 for the package, there is Nothing that can Touch it for $50 more. wv4r.