Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | Code Quick 2000 Help

Reviews Summary for Code Quick 2000
Code Quick 2000 Reviews: 37 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $39.95 (CD) or 29.95 (Download)
Description: Morse code self-training software (includes exam theory too)
More info: http://www.cq2k.com

You can write your own review of the Code Quick 2000.

N1ERF Rating: 4/5 Jan 7, 2007 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Nide Idea  Time owned: more than 12 months
I think that this is a good idea but I would give
it a 3.5 for quality. The voice audio quality is
relatively poor (low bitrate sample?).
I imagine that it is fairly difficult to come up
with creative sayings to fit the code, but would
have hoped to hear slightly different ones.
Although my favorite letter is Dog Did It!
Even though I may sound a little critical about
it, I would still recommend using the program if
it helps you learn the code. Anything that makes
it easier and get on the air.

DogDidIt Eee

NaaTzi IWonOneOneOne Ee OneBrraabBit DidIFaiilIt

KL1ZO Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2006 03:00 Send this review to a friend
A great way to learn code quickly!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was listening to recorded CW on my computer one day, when my wife of 15 years asked me “what a dipole antenna was”. It was at that moment that I found myself amazed that she knew Morse code. It seems that it was part of the curriculum in her native Czechoslovakia while growing up. As I struggled to hear dits and dahs, my wife explained how she learned in elementary school by using mnemonics, or sound alikes. I did a quick web search and found CodeQuick 2000 which is based on the same idea.. I must say that it is the best $40 I ever spent. I was up to 5WPM within two weeks, and passing my General exam was a breeze. If you are having trouble learning code, this is the way to go. The software has a bunch of fun games and practice test. The folks who own the company are super nice and willing to help in anyway they can.

KC0YEF Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2006 11:23 Send this review to a friend
Dyslexia Perfection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have Dyslexia pretty Bad so I have tried a lot of programs.
I have all the free downloadable code programs and several Demo software packages.

When I got this program I had been studying off and on for 22 years and the last 3 months very intently and I could not remember but a few characters.

Code Quick gave me the missing link or should I say "the picture" I needed to synchronize the sound as a phrase and the visual Icons and Big muscle group learning really put the code into my head.

This is a GodSend for me!

I have used the course for a week and can already discriminate and copy 8 letters and pull them out of W1AW Slow Code practice. So I am very satisfied because I can see my own result immediatly.

I also just found out my two elmers used code quick in the 80s and 90s one is the first female ever licensed in Japan she is a tech plus to this day! And the Other is a soldier that was deployed when he got the tapes during desert storm now I am using it in the 00's three generations of success.

and 73
James
"Catch it Catch it"

KI4PBQ Rating: 3/5 Sep 8, 2006 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Fine for 5wpm test but holds you back from progressing  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I didn't have an elmer and I wish I had. I wish someone had not told me to learn sound alikes. I passed my 5wpm test fine but I can't get the sound alikes out of my head now and it keeps me from progressing past 10wpm. I'm having to unlearn everything I learned with Code Quick.

If you have any intention of doing more with CW than simply passing the code test don't use this software. You'll get terribly stuck at a slow copy speed because you'll have these blasted "sound-alikes" running through your head.

KI4DGH Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2006 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have gone from no-code to 20 wpm KNOW CODE with Code Quick. The sound a-likes let me learn the characters by the rhythm and sound of the characters not by counting the number of dots and dashes. The short hand for writing characters is still useful when I copy, even at 20 – 25 wpm. Every now and then I still recall the sound a-likes but for the most part it is now becoming subliminal. The Code Quick program made learning code easy and fun. I totally recommend this program for everyone without reservation.

KC9GUZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2006 21:54 Send this review to a friend
good program!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got Code Quick on a whim to help me get the code. I was using the ARRL tape set and that worked, but it was too boring and dry and I wanted something a little different and a little more fun to study to help me out. I ordered Code Quick and received it in a week. I have been using it off and on and so far it has worked. I dont use it daily because i seem to study better when i only do it a few days here and there and not all at once. I do need to get back into studying so i can take the last part of my General test and get on the air. Overall, Code Quick is a neat way to learn the code. If you are struggling to get it like i had been then maybe Code Quick will work for you like it has me.
Mr Wheeler is a great person to deal with. I had a hairline crack on CD #3 and it wouldnt load in my Pioneer car stereo so I had to get another CD from him. It only took a phone call and he sent me another FREE OF CHARGE!!

N7XYO Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2005 19:13 Send this review to a friend
HIGHLY recommend Code Quick 2000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For over 20 year I have been working on learning code. Even on the eve of the FCC eliminating the code requirement, I still wanted to lean Morse code.

I am a Dyslexic and failed time after time trying to memorize the dit and dahs. With some help and training, I haved learned how to over most challenges I encounter with reading and math in my life. I made it through college and enjoy a successful business career despite bring Dyslexic. But code, I just could not get it. That is until I found Code Quick 2000.

Experts tell me that most Dyslexic people are visual, multi-dimensional thinkers. We are intuitive and highly creative, and excel at hands-on learning. Because we think in pictures, it is sometimes hard for us to understand letters, numbers, symbols, and written words. Does that sound like a person that the methods used in Code Quick would help? I think it does. And it worked! In only 4 weeks I went from NO-code to passing my General Class code test in one try! (I took the written also and passed it also. I have a brand new CSCE in my hands now.)

I had ordered the audio CD and the computer program. I would HIGHLY recommend Code Quick 2000 to anyone wishing to lean Morse code.

Thank you Dr Jerry Wheeler for creating Quick Code.

73 de Mark Conklin N7XYO

W4KTX Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2005 06:10 Send this review to a friend
I was amazed  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was amazed at how well this worked. I got the complete package. I would do the computer based exercises at home (about 30 minutes a day), then in the car, I played the CDs. I took the test 2 months after starting the program and aced it. Four people took the code test that day and I was the only one that passed it.

Great program and the "sound-alikes" stay with you.

SHIFTER Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2005 23:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the whole package. It worked
as advertised. I think I would still be
a Tech without it.

RESNEPS Rating: 0/5 Jul 14, 2005 21:16 Send this review to a friend
Really bad  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this product on CD. BIG mistake. The audio levels were such that I had to turn the volume up completely and then hold my hands over my headset to hear the program. Makes copying darned tough! 3 different cd players with or without headphones made no difference.

I tried for about 3 weeks and just cannot get through the 1st CD. I often found that I could not tell if I was hearing dits or dahs because I could find little consistency in the keyed letters or could simply not hear what was being keyed. Some sounded more like a donkey braying than a tone (as if the CDs were copies of a dragging tape).

While the concept of the program sounds good, trying to learn from CDs that I could not hear just did not work and I gave up. I went from zero code to being able to recognize 3 or 4 letters in my 3 week struggle.