Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | Code Quick 2000 Help

Reviews Summary for Code Quick 2000
Code Quick 2000 Reviews: 37 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $39.95 (CD) or 29.95 (Download)
Description: Morse code self-training software (includes exam theory too)
More info: http://www.cq2k.com

You can write your own review of the Code Quick 2000.

W8DMC Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2004 20:19 Send this review to a friend
The ONLY way to learn  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's real easy troops, when you learn code with the old one approcah application, it takes much longer, and is much more difficult. But, when you apply audio, visual, word association, sensory, and physical perceptions as well as image response, it develops a longer, faster mental imprint, hence you develope the talent to retian both the visual and sound imprint in your mind. After all you only need 5 WPM, then practice and practice, makes for better proveniency, trust me.Doug, W8DMC

N0HK Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2004 19:31 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used cassette code quick to learn code after getting frustrated with the ARRL tapes. I was able to learn the code to pass 5wpm in about two weeks of 30 minute sessions. 13wpm took another month. The hardest was 20wpm since at that point the sound alikes get distracting.

The plus to the sound alikes is that even after almost two years absence from code, I still remember all of the characters because of the Code Quick.

W6MAV Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2004 14:26 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was able to pass my 5 WPM in just 12 hours of study! First learn the sound alikes, (very easy) then pratice a few QSO's. The next thing you know you've passed your code test. I'm far from the smartest guy in the world, but this really works!

Hint: Just spend a little time every day (best 1 hour).

73, Mike W6MAV.

AD5GX Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2003 23:57 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This program does just what it says, I learned 5 WPM in under two weeks. I was up to 5 WPM a long time ago and had lost it completely. It was actually enjoyable to learn. I know I'm going to have to start speeding up as I am actually comfortable at 7 WPM, time to move onward! I anticipate 13 WPM in a month easily.

BTW, I am relearning Code to enjoy a new facet of the hobby. Some of the keyers look pretty cool and I'd like to add one to the shack, not just as a decoration but an instrument I use. Also I'd like to build an Elecraft and operate back country, and CW is the entryway for that.

This program has reinvigorated my interest in ham radio, there is so much more to do now that I have Code capapbilities. (Capabilities that need much more on the air refinement--but that's part of the fun!

W4SFC Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2002 20:35 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: more than 12 months
For me code quick was a simple and easy way to get the 5 wpm. The sound alike approach provides a simple way of recognizing each character. However, do agree that after a while you remember the QSO's and may question if you understand the code or only know what is coming. When matched with the many options of code practice from www.aa9pw.com (if you are learning code and haven't used this site, USE IT) you can get many more fresh QSO's to practice with and increase your speed at your rate.

K9FE Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2002 19:06 Send this review to a friend
My wife did it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
About 5 years ago my wife was having trouble getting me a birthday/Christmas present (both in December). I told her all I wanted was for her to get her license. January came and she asked for the tapes and study material. 2 weeks later she passed Novice, Technician and the 5wpm code in less than an hour a night combined study for 2 weeks. ON HER OWN! Code quick teaches you the code as it sounds, not looks. It becomes a language, not a table in your head where you have to lookup the letters.

If you have tried and failed, try code quick...you will pass 5 and jump to 13 in a short time. The only problem is that at 20wpm you still have the silly sound-a-likes in you head. They eventually leave in about 5 years!

KB0ZUC Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2002 17:54 Send this review to a friend
Worked for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Passed the 5 wpm test after 13 hours of study. Hard to argue with that. I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but you can do it, if you put your mind to it!

KC9CKW Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2002 09:50 Send this review to a friend
Learned in 12 days  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great product. I learned from no-code to passed my 5 WPM test in 12 days. It really makes it easy. The sound-a-like CDs really did the job and the SW is good also.

One thing that would be better would be the ability to generate MP3 files from the CQ2000 software. Also would like to see the licensing easier. The key is date dependent, and you need one each time you install it. I reloaded my OS and needed to send for a new key.

W0AMT Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2002 13:42 Send this review to a friend
very fine cw prep method  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found Code Quick difficult at first but after using it for 3 to 4 days it started working. I took me 6 weeks to learn all the FCC characters and that was with daily study. I had 4 other false starts with other cw learning methods. I hit the wall with about 10 characters and couldn't progress past that point. With CQ I was able to learn all the characters and pass the FCC code test the first time on the questions and got only one wrong.

KB1HTP Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2002 21:48 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Code Quick method of instruction is based on sound educational principles. One of the best ways to learn a language is through verbal associations. Code Quick applies this technique to learning the code by allowing the student to associate code symbols with sounds that are already familiar to the student. It works very well because learning code is very similar to learning a language.
I found the tapes to be enjoyable and the lessons carefully planned. I recommend it highly.