Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | Jerry Ziliak KB6MT Amateur Radio School Help

Reviews Summary for Jerry Ziliak KB6MT Amateur Radio School
Jerry Ziliak KB6MT Amateur Radio School Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $19.95
Description: High Speed CW course on cassette tapes.
More info: http://www.amateurradioschool.com/

You can write your own review of the Jerry Ziliak KB6MT Amateur Radio School.

AA7LV Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2014 15:27 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST CODE COURSE  Time owned: months
JERRY ZILLIAC IS "THE MAN" FOR LEARNING CODE!
IF IT WORKED FOR ME IT WILL WORK FOR YOU
"THE FARNSWORTH METHOD"
GET THE MP3...
BEST $20 YOU EVER SPENT ON HAM RADIO
I DID (AA7LV).....AND YOU CAN TOO!

THANK YOU JERRY!

KB4MB Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2011 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Helped me get over my block  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Still available if you look online as an mp3 cd-rom from someone who just transferred the old tapes. I have tried many, many methods, and only Jerry really helped me memorize the code and letters. I still struggle at 10-13wpm, but before his course, I couldn't even must 5wpm. He teaches at 21wpm and slows it down, Farnsworth method, and TALKS when teaching you the letter. This really helps reinforce the letter as a sound rather than a bunch of elements. Hearing a human voice really helps you connect the sound to the letter.

Still available for $20 I think from a very nice outfit out there, and since it is mp3 files, easy to load on your ipod or whatever!

KE3WH Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2011 03:54 Send this review to a friend
Nothing better!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The best test prep there is. I was able to pass Adv and extra with ease. If you get a chance to use his system, do it!

WU7X Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2004 11:44 Send this review to a friend
They work !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been stuck at that 20+ wpm, write it all down one letter at a time phase for a number of years. I knew I had to find some way to put the pencil down in order to speed up my comprehension of what was being sent. I ordered Jerry's High Speed Code Words set of three cassettes and am amazed at how well they work. The process used is really rote memorization. Jerry sends basic ham code words, abbreviations, and numbers over and over at 20 wpm for the first two tapes. By the third tape (which I haven't worked with completely yet), he has you up to 35 wpm. He stresses listening to the tapes while you are driving, jogging, as background filler while you are doing something else.

After less than a week, I can already pick up most of the words I now hear on the air in my head. That is the trick, to hear words rather than strings of letters and numbers. I am up to around 25 wpm now at 70% accuracy and can't wait to get up to 30 wpm. I have the time now to focus on specific things like name, callsign, and qth, rather than the common stuff we exchange in a qso. This is the best $20 that I have spent trying to get my code speed up. It is also a great way to use up that commuting time learning something useful. I strongly recommend these tapes.

Dale WU7X

XE1UFO Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2003 21:59 Send this review to a friend
Wonderfull!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Many years ago, after getting my 5 w.p.m. Technician licence, I was stuck at 7 words per minute. Then a friend sold me his set of Jerry’s Code Tapes. (These are old: Copyright 1983.) After a few weeks, I passed my Advanced!
Recently, I was off the air for 3 years and my CW was very rusty. I broke out the tapes and after a week of hearing them during my highway travels, a couple hours per day, I was up to speed again.

KK4DW Rating: 2/5 Aug 25, 2002 11:38 Send this review to a friend
Tape 2 of 3 totally blank fore and aft.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
10-35 wpm Code Word course consists of 3 tapes. Tape 2 was completely blank fore and aft. Poor Quality control. I have used his 0-23 wpm tape course before and rate it (5) Great. Not a reflection upon him or his course but upon not verifying product quality control prior to shipment.

KZ6D Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2002 18:54 Send this review to a friend
General class theory tapes  Time owned: more than 12 months
I do field service & installation work and can spend up to four or five hours a day on the road. I was always a bit bothered by this, thinking that there had to be a way of making some productive use of this time. When I got a mind to upgrade myself to General, I went down to the local ham shop & picked up Jerry's General Class Theory package. The way that the system is set up is kind of unusual (it fact if you're like me, upon first listen your reaction is liable to be "what the %&#$ is this?". But, after a bit the information sinks in pretty effectively. I took my exam with full confidence & scored 100%!

Brian McKown
KA6WSR

KG4PWC Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2002 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Great tapes  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very easy to listen to the tapes in the car. I highly recommend the tapes to pass the 5 wpm exam.

KO6WP Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2002 18:47 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Course  Time owned: more than 12 months
All of Jerry Ziliaks courses are a must have for anyone trying to upgrade. I took his Advanced Theory and Extra Class Theory courses and passed with flying colors. I averaged 90% on the advanced test and felt comfortable passing the extra test even though I was not told what grade I obtained. His methods are perfect for someone like me who has an hour commute drive time and can listen to his tapes two times a day. I wish I had known about his tapes sooner.

K7LA Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2001 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Superb CW Learning Course  Time owned: more than 12 months
Our Volunteer Examiner team has been recommending Jerry Ziliak's CW learning courses for years and we see the results of it at every licensing exam session when Ziliak course graduates easily pass. This was true when Amateur Extra tickets required 20 wpm and now it's a breeze at the current 5 wpm rate. This course is simple - just play the cassettes and listen regularly. The course works because the code rhythm sticks in your mind, like listening to a song on the radio. In my humble opinion, If you want to pass the exam and then operate HF under real world conditions, this is the course to purchase. (Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the Ziliak firm).

7 3 de Jim K7LA, Volunteer Examiner-ARRL, http://www.qsl.net/k7la