Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Stealth II Help

Reviews Summary for Stealth II
Stealth II Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Stealth II.TM series HF mobile antennas are the latest, 5th generation design by VE7BOC/W6 (HA5CMG) in the HF high performance mobile antennas. Center loaded, motorized-tunable from 6M to 40M (Stealth II.TM -2.5) 6M to 80M (Stealth II.TM -3 and -4)
More info: http://www.qth.com/stealthantennas/

You can write your own review of the Stealth II.

KJ6EO Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2001 14:11 Send this review to a friend
The Perfect HF Mobile Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
About 6 months ago I started looking around for another screwdriver type HF Mobile Antenna. I was having extensive problems with my HighSierra HS-1500. The HighSierra HS-1500 required alot of maintenance to keep it on the air...maintenance that I was tired of doing. After doing an extensive search on the internet for a solution to my antenna woes, I stumbled onto Charlies (Hi-Q Antennas) website. What I found was a complete line of "high quality" professional mobile HF antennas. I was so impressed that I called Charlie on the phone to place an order for my StealthII-3rw (special). Charlie was kind enough to listen while I unloaded my HighSierra horror stories on him. Charlie invited me to his home to personally pick up my new Stealth II antenna. When I saw the antenna it just took my breath away. I used to be a Machinist and I was "amazed" by the design and quality of manufacturing that goes into these great antennas. Charlie was kind enough to help me mount the antenna on my pick-up truck. While we were mounting the antenna we had "a head talk" about HF mobile antennas. I was very impressed with his technical expertise in this field. I cant say enough good about Charlie...he is a great guy and he makes an excellent "professional" product. I have had my Stealth II antenna now for several months and it has performed flawlessly. I never get tired of looking at it...this antenna is a work of art. I have already had hundreds of mobile DX contacts with the Stealth II. I would highly recommend this antenna to anyone that is "serious" about running HF Mobile.

KG4NBL Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2001 00:40 Send this review to a friend
The best thing since sliced bread  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been a extra class for 3 months,and have already found the antenna of my dreams. I am the proud owner of three stealth II-4. I have one for my 1999 freightliner(big truck), one for my suburban,and one that i take on Vacation(Alaska) I really only need one,because of the fantastic quick disconnect the unit can be taken of in about 5 seconds.The rest of the unit is a sight to see.The mast section Is very strong,it contains the motor that drives the contactor up and down the lenght of the coil,(FROM 80METERS TO TO 10METERS) in less than 30 seconds,that means no more stopping to change a tap on my bug catcher (i have two),no more stopping to change a resonator(i have 7).The coil its self is sealed,the ony moving part(the contactor)is protected from all weather conditons,birds too. The unit transmits perfectly always 1.1 swr.The receive is the best i have hear by 2 to 3 s units .The unit has not given me a problem since i have had it on my truck,it is mounted on the left mirrior with the bass being 6 feet off the ground and the top of whip,or 1" copper pipe is 13'3".I have an additional bracket on the upper mirrior for support. MY THANKS to CHARLIE (VE7BOC/W6 Keep up the good work and high standards. ITS THE PERFECT(TUNABLE)ANTENNA

K8NDS Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2001 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Another precision piece of work from Stealth Antennas  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second Stealth Antenna. You can reference my first review on the Stealth II-2.5 further down the page. I enjoyed my first Stealth so much that I replaced it with the newer version a few months ago at the Dayton Hamvention.
It has all of the qualities of the first one plus. I now have the addition of the 80 mtr band which will be great for the coming winter season and the downturn of the current sun spot cycle.
The quality is even better which was already hard to beat. The new motors that Charlie is using are Heavy Duty and very smooth and quiet.
I consitantly get outstanding reports even when conditions are marginal. Another masterpiece for Stealth Antennas !

N6GLN Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2001 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Best of the Best  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've been licensed for a while now uses different type of mobile antenna trying to find the right antenna, untill I purchase the STEALTH II-2.5 antenna by VE7BOC/W6(Charlie) from Wildomar California. Believe it or not Stealth II mobile antenna is the antenna that everybody's looking for. I've been hearing signals that never heard from previews antenna that i use before. Been talking to ham operators all over the wolrd with a good signal report and frequently recieve a very nice complement how strong the signal is for a mobile. I'm very pleased of the performance so i decided to upgrade to STEALTH II-3 so i can also work up to 80 mtrs.

Fellow ham operator's if you're thinking buying a mobile antenna that really works like a champ, I strongly recommend the STEALTH II 5th generation by VE7BOC/W6.

The BEST of the BEST mobile antenna in the world.

73'

KC6JYY Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2001 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Stealth II is the one to beat!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had been doing mobile HF for almost 10 years now and by far Stealth II is the best mobile antenna I used ever. I can't believe the signal reports I'd been getting. Some even said that my mobile signal is even louder than other base stations. There is no comparison between my old hamstick and hustler to Stealth II.

It is obvious that Charlie spent lots of time researching, modifying and improving his antenna system. The quality of workmanship is outstanding. Very slick and sure delivers. It's a shame that I did not meet Charlie earlier. I could have saved thousands of dollars experimenting with other mobile antennas.

I strongly recommend Stealth II mobile antenna. Whether you are a seasoned operator or a new kid on the block, this antenna is for you. Stop wasting time and money on experimenting with mobile antennas. Stealth Antenna is the one to beat.

K6BF Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2001 01:30 Send this review to a friend
D' Best Ever Mobile Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Stealth II Series antenna is the best Mobile antenna I've ever experience to use so far. Ever since I have had HF privileges I have had numerous Model of antenna I used like the Multi Band Hustler Resonator to Comet HA4S. The signal I'm getting for the Stealth II was not even close to the Rest of antenna I used before. I have a Regular QSO to DU,JA,KH0 Before I installed the Stealth II and they are telling me that the Signal of my Base antenna a A3S Yagi its only Low Level about 25 feet with Barefoot is WEAKER than Stealth II Mobile I'm using.

One thing we have to Look is the quality of the product we are buying and the Stealth II Has the design that i'm looking for, not to forget I was also using homebrew like high Sierra antenna and the Coil is long, with the short coil i can go from 10-80 meters with going down or to change settings to the antenna.

So if you want a best HF Mobile antenna with 59 to DX report, I recommend the Stealth II Mobile Antenna.

Thanks es 73 de K6BF

KO6GX Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2001 22:14 Send this review to a friend
The best mobile antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Stealth II Series antenna is the best mobile antenna I've used so far. Ever since 1991, I'd been doing a lot of HF mobiling and nothing compares to my Stealth II. I have used all kinds of mobile antenna ranging from HA4S by Comet to a Pro AM now Valor to a home brew resonator. The signal report I'd been getting are extremely impressive. Some even say that my mobile signal is even louder than some home base stations.

Some of the things I like about Stealth II are the manufacturing design, quality craftmanship and a very clean set up not to mention it can handle up to 1 KW. Not that I'm planning to put 1KW on it but it is nice to know that I always have that option which I don't think other screw driver antennas can handle. One thing that sets this antenna apart from other screw driver type antennas is that the overall length doesn't change when you cahnge band. The "contact" is the one that moves up and down accross the coil instead of the whole coil as compared to other screw driver type antennas. Installing the antenna is a breeze. No complicated set up. I'm on the road most of the time and the Stealth II is the perfect antenna for me. I can go from 10M to 80M without even going down with just a flick of a switch and I can always optimize the SWR.

So if you want a reliable set up, can handle high power and will not mind getting 59+ most of the time, then Stealth II is for you. I strongly recommend Stealth II HF mobile antenna.

Check out http://www.qsl.net/kd6ngy/KO6GX.htm and see my mobile set up.

TNX ES 73 DE KO6GX

KR4JA Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2001 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Super mobile Antenna!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used the Hamstick and Bugcatcher antenna (3" coil), but I wanted an antenna which was efficient as the Bugcatcher, did not have an exposed coil, and was easier to change bands. The Stealth II antenna with the 3" coil was the answer. My setup included a 7' stinger on top of the 4' base section, for a total length of 11' mounted (which does not change in length as you tune the antenna) 2 feet above ground on a 2" receiver bumper trailer hitch (on a Dodge Durango). A flat SWR is achieved on 75m & 40m using an inductance matching coil (supplied), or in my case I used an inductance coil from GLA systems.

The antenna performs as good as a 3" Bugcatcher, as far as I can tell, on 40m (and most likely on 75m, but I only operated there a few times, with good reports I might add). I was getting very good signal reports from TX to MI, while I was traveling near Nashville, TN on 40m. It's true this is very subjective, since I didn't directly compare the Stealth with other antennas, but I was very pleased with the reports (S9 +10 to 20db) using my 100w TS130s radio.

The antenna should handle higher power (up to 1Kw) since the coil is made from either #12 or #14 wire. The antenna has the screwdriver antenna memory (SAM) box control installed (you need to buy the box separate). This is a winning combination with 16 memory presets so it's a breeze to change bands while you are driving. It is a very well crafted antenna I might add. I was very pleased in all respects, as you can see.

Dave Kilpatrick, KR4JA