Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | G3LIV Isoterm-Multicon Interfaces - All models Help

Reviews Summary for G3LIV Isoterm-Multicon Interfaces - All models
G3LIV Isoterm-Multicon Interfaces - All models Reviews: 141 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $between £40 and £60
Description: Rig to PC interface with opto-isolator.
Fits most rigs (hf and vhf/uhf)
More info: http://www.g3liv.co.uk

You can write your own review of the G3LIV Isoterm-Multicon Interfaces - All models.

AB2DP Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2017 02:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Interface !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was never interested in digital modes, but with this Solar Cycle at the bottom and hearing nothing, I decided to give it a try.I was just about to build one myself, starting everything from the scratch, when looking on the e-HAM reviews I found the one build by Johnny, G3LIV. More than that, the cable for the 2 radios FT-2000 and FT-450D were available. Just thinking again how much time I have to spend to buy the components, making the cables, and getting the right enclosure, as I usually do,I gave up.
The Isoterm Traveler Interface worked perfect right from the box when all the required configuration was finished. Highly recommended.

G0RUZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2017 03:30 Send this review to a friend
Perfect!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use this with a TS2000x and an IC746.

Firstly the driver installation for the USB com port worked perfectly.

The audio pass band is flat where needed for JT65/MSK144/FSK411.

The adjustable level controls are more useful that you might think. Far better to use a real potentiometer than some poorly implemented DSP windows mixer 'volume' control. Leave them at max then they cannot mess around with your audio with the possibility of truncation errors. This can be important for EME for instance.

Beware interfaces with integrated audio codecs, these are often of a poor quality.

I tested mine with a Behringer UMC202HD audio interface and a Focusrite Scarlett interface.

No noise, very important for the true weak signal operator.

Convenient size, solid construction and simple wiring.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y/G0RUZ

M1ASR Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2017 06:28 Send this review to a friend
Versatile USB comms interface..  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had a predecessor model 10 years ago. I have been QRT for that time and was delighted to discover that Johnny is still producing these units. The interface works very well with my Kenwood TS2000 & Icom 7300. I'm using it for JT65, PSK31 and WSPR. Solid performance in all modes. Johnny is always available to discuss various applications and has been a great help. Great product, sensible price.

IZ1DXG Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2016 04:10 Send this review to a friend
usb dual deluxe great unit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the usb dual deluxe last month and it works very well. I connected it to an Icom 775 DSP and to an Icom 910 H. The two cables needed for the two radios arrive with the unit you purchase together with a usb cable the t connects the PC with the unit and another cable necessary to connect the usb dual deluxe to the sound card.
I also bought on the internet a usb sound card for a couple of bucks so that i use it only for amateur radio staff.
you gotta contact Johnny telling him the radios that you're connecting the unit to.
Johnny is very kind and patience and i wanna take the occasion for thanking him again.
If you buy his products you are not going to make mistakes.

G3SPX Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2016 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Great unit Supper Comms. and help.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just purchased a Isoterm-Multicon Interface for PSK31 from Johnny G3LIV. Before doing so I contacted Johnny re the unit and certain problems I thought I may have using it. Nothing was to much for Johnny who helped me sort out my worries. After ordering the unit it arrived next day and after reading the enclosed booklett very carefully and following the suggestions the unit fired up and worked perfectly. If you purchse one I can not stress enough to read the instructions well. All in all a great unit with 100% backup. Thanks Johnny.

Ken G3SPX

M0CIW Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2016 13:26 Send this review to a friend
usb Isoterm-Multicon Interface with Linux Computer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having enjoyed PSK31 using the usb Isoterm-Multicon Interface with Digipan under the Windows Xp operating system, I was keen to use an older computer with a Linux operating system.

The usb Interface works well under the Linux Ubuntu v14.04 operating system (includes CP2102 driver) with Fldigi (Linux v3.21.80-1) giving me the option of more digi-modes. Both programs were downloaded and installed from the Ubuntu Software Centre. Audio to and from the rig worked immediately. However, for this version of Linux, it was necessary to run a command to add your "username" to the "dialout" group to activate the PTT link.

2E0GNI Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2016 01:59 Send this review to a friend
Lovely bit of kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having struggled with a home made PTT cable for my FT897 I was always fighting the ALC levels on my rig when using digi modes, particularly after starting to experiment with JT. I contacted Johnny about his product and the responses were so helpful I knew I was onto a winner, so I ordered one - it was delivered within 48 hours!

The product is well made and a delight to install - anyone can do it. It comes with all pre requisite software and installs easily. The instructions are so clear that, if like me you hate digipan (the recommended program) its easy to apply the correct settings to your program of choice.

Its an absolute treat to have such fine control over a signal going into the rig - couldn't do my digi work without this now!

SA7ATK Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2016 10:04 Send this review to a friend
GREAT product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
High quality product for a very good price . Fast delivery , easy to install . In short : 5 Star Product , 5 Star Service . TNX to Johnny , a very pleasant experience ! I highly recommend this product.

MW0JZE Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2015 23:22 Send this review to a friend
If everything in life was this easy!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered Monday late afternoon, arrived Wednesday morning!! Have to admit I am a newbie to DATA modes and wanted to make the best of a new mode. M0OXO brought an old version along to MC0SHL EU-124 trip to Ramsey this year (2015)and I was very impressed with how easy it was to setup. As soon as I got home I looked up Johnny G3LIV and promptly ordered the USB Deluxe Dual. A I said before I am a newbie BUT in under an hour I had both rigs setup and TXing/RXing via Logger32 MMVARI.

Thanks Johnny for a great product.

Ant MW0JZE

G0RQL Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2015 04:52 Send this review to a friend
Traveller data interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been a user of Johnny's interfaces for quite a few years,started with the data interface lead for the FT920 radio and when easypal arrived I ordered the usb deluxe unit.
Following the satisfaction I got from these units I ordered the Traveller interface which from date of order arrived 1st class mail in four days,up and running in the next 30mins.
Very satisfactory equipment and well made to a high standard. Don G0RQL.