Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | G3LIV Isoterm-Multicon Interfaces - All models Help

Reviews Summary for G3LIV Isoterm-Multicon Interfaces - All models
G3LIV Isoterm-Multicon Interfaces - All models Reviews: 128 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $between £40 and £60
Description: Rig to PC interface with opto-isolator.
Fits most rigs (hf and vhf/uhf)
More info: http://www.g3liv.co.uk

You can write your own review of the G3LIV Isoterm-Multicon Interfaces - All models.

G7IZZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2012 01:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product. Excellent service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm a complete newbie when it comes to digi modes and had no real clue what to look for. That's why I took personal recommendation and eventually plumped for Johnny G3LIV's Isoterm Multimode unit and that's why I'm writing this review now - personal recommendation is usually the best way and after all, that's why you're reading these reviews. I virtually never write reviews but Johnny's products and support are so good, I just had to in this case.

I ordered my interface late on a Friday evening and it was despatched the following Monday and received on the Tuesday. I read the excellect 8 page manual ("What??" I hear you say, "read the manual?") and although it refers to Windows software and I use a Mac, it told me everything I needed to know to get the unit up and running in minutes. One short phone call to Johnny later (to clarify a small query I had about PSK31 rather than his unit) and I was making QSOs.

Johnny is one of the old school who believes that a good quality product and proper product support wins you business and he's right. You certainly can't go wrong if you buy one of Johnny's interfaces. Everything you need is in the box with no hidden extras to purchase. Just read the manual, connect it up and away you go.

If you need a digi interface, you can't go wrong with one of Johnny's.

G0DOR Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2012 01:29 Send this review to a friend
great piece of kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought my second Isoterm after passing on the first.

The latest unit is a really great piece of kit.

Well constructed, sensibly priced, easy to use and well documented.

Delivery in less than 24 hours even with UK postal service :)

Well done Johnny

M0MAC Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2012 09:21 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the Isoterm USB Interface on Sunday afternoon and it was delivered to door on Tuesday morning early . Wow , top quality service and the help and advice from Johnny was really great , well done Johnny.
Jim M0MAC

M6WWT Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2012 03:18 Send this review to a friend
excellent interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchase the Isoterm Multicom from Johnny very good unit small and compact very satisfied with it and very good service from Johnny

SV1HFY Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2012 10:22 Send this review to a friend
Rock solid excellent quality and support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Best interface I have had with rock solid performance and excellent build quality. Johnny is the best so even if you are not satisfied with something, he will work it patiently with you and keep you satisfied.

If only Johnny's USB interfaces had the FTDI chipset instead of the prolific, it would have been just perfect! There are some driver issues with the prolific USB chipset so if you are concerned about this it is best to get one of Johnny's serial interfaces such as this one here and an FTDI serial converter.

G3NPL Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2012 04:36 Send this review to a friend
excellent interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought Isoterm-Multicom, received it within 2 days. Well made unit,working in less than half hour. The best interface I have used.

G3IOI Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2012 03:21 Send this review to a friend
Two rig solution  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted to use both my Electraft K3 and Yaesu FT-897D on digi modes. A friend suggested that I check out the G3LIV site and after a pleasant chat with Johnny I ordered an 'Isoterm Dual Deluxe'.
The lead for the K3 was not a stock item but Johnny made one up.
I took the PCB out of the case to have a look and I must say that the construction is supurb and also nice and compact.
It is a treat to be able to use either rig at the push of a button and I thoroughly recommend the 'Isoterm Dual Deluxe' as a two rig solution.

G0VHT Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2011 10:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product, Excellent Customer Service!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Johnny is a delightful Ham offering a range of first class range of radio interface products combined with outstanding individual customer service.

I recently purchased a USB version of the Isoterm Multicon to use with my laptop. The interface worked first time, straight out of the box. Clear easy to follow instructions were provided, build quality is excellent and Johnny includes all the 'extras' needed to get you going (USB installation disk, a number of software programs, matching rig, PC & USB leads).

A long lasting product which will give years of trouble free service (yes I have purchased Johnny's products before)!

One final point, my Isoterm was posted to me immediately after payment was sent. Unfortunately, good old Royal Mail (UK's postal service) managed to lose the parcel despite being sent 'recorded delivery'. I informed Johhny by telephone and we ended up having a super 40 minute natter about life and work experiences in general!

Johnny sent a replacement Isoterm without any quibbling or delay and did so via special delivery to gaurentee this reached me next working day! He point blank refused my offer to pay all additional postage costs.

So there it is, if you need a top quality PC/Radio interface to use PSK31, SSTV etc, go on buy one of these, you won't regret it!

G5VZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2011 13:56 Send this review to a friend
Delighted!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This isn't the first of G3LIV's products I've bought. It is as excellent as the earlier devices. I do like the traditional idea of supplying the interface with a paper instruction book that you can pick up and read without first having to fiddle about with a CD or download it.
It was despatched immediately after I'd decided which model met my requirements and arrived the following day.
It's well made, too, and took no time at all to connect up and be on the air WSPR.

ZL4TE Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2011 02:23 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: more than 12 months
I originally bought a psk interface for my FT857 in about 2006. It was up and worning within minutes.

Changed rigs in 2007, and got an isoterm multicon. Again up and running within minutes.

Moved to ZL in 2008, lost the paperwork in the move. Phone call to Jonny and he could not have been more helpful.

The unit is in operation most days, and I have enjoyed PSK, RTTY,SSTV and the odd Olivia contact all over the world.

It just sits there, does its stuff, and has never given a moments trouble.

Top rate item