Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Palm Mini Paddles Help

Reviews Summary for Palm Mini Paddles
Palm Mini Paddles Reviews: 84 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Mini Paddles for QRP/Portable
More info: http://www.morsex.com/palm/

You can write your own review of the Palm Mini Paddles.

N1EU Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2014 07:11 Send this review to a friend
Updated Review  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've always loved this paddle since meeting the inventors at FDIM in Dayton years ago. But I wasn't crazy about the connector on the paddle end of the cable. I'm happy to say that Palm responded to the feedback and redesigned the cable and all is well. This is by far my favorite portable paddle.

KD2FIP Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2014 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent with the 817  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Absolutely love this little paddle. It fits my style just fine and is very affordable. A perfect fit with the FT-817. I did have a slight problem with it when it arrived, but got it sorte out. The problem was as follows;

I got mine today and was very disappointed when I couldn't get the "Dah" paddle to work. In addition, the "Dit" paddle was just emitting a continuous tone rather than a series of dits. Looking here I went back and checked the wiring and the cable. All was in order so I was a little befuddled. I then went into my FT-817 menu and double checked to see if I had missed anything. In fact, On the secondary menu (controlling the A/B/C buttons), I noticed that I didn't have KEY selected (MENU ITEM VOX/BK/KEY)Once I activated that, the paddle worked perfectly. I can only speak for the Yaesu FT-817 but that is an easy setting to overlook. BY the way, if you deselect the BK setting you will be able to practice sending without actually putting anything out on the air.

By the way, I purchased it from Marshall at Morse Express and would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a reliable vendor. 5 Stars all the way around.

AI4BJ Rating: 4/5 Sep 6, 2013 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Fine if you like a paddle with a soft feel  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used a Palm Paddle for several years.

The pros: It's lightweight and rugged enough to toss in my backpack without any special padding.

The con: I like my paddles to have a hard feel, and the flexible arms of the Palm resulted in a feel that was just too soft for my liking.

I ended up replacing the Palm Paddle with an American Morse Porta-Paddle, whose rigid arms give me just the feel that I like.

K5JYD Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2013 15:49 Send this review to a friend
great paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It got here really quick, took a few minutes to set it up, works great.I use a left handed style so just turned it over and mounted it to the side of the qrp rig. It stays put. Its a geat set up with the Hb-1B qrp ri.g
K5jyd

EA5BLP Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2012 04:33 Send this review to a friend
Excelent for portable use  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an excelent paddle for portable use. Very well enginered and with a fine touch for the telegraphist. In combination with the code cube allows a perfect transmission with any home made or kit rig which has not electronic keyer.
You can see it in action in some of my videos in the link below.It's so light and little that, using the magnetic base, it can be mounted even in a bike.

K5TTE Rating: 4/5 Nov 15, 2012 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Love the paddle,not the cable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is the best paddle I've ever had. Its magnets gives a perfectly stable fit on the side of my Argonaut V. The keying
function is entirely satisfactory; the spacing adjustments are
easy to access.
As others have noted, the cable failure has been been a disapointment after a few months use.
But the company responded quickly with a replacement.
I'm going to create a strain-relief fix for this bad boy.
Careful application of gorilla glue at that problematic
3 prong connector may do the job.
This is a great paddle; I'm willing to give it another go.

HB9DST Rating: 4/5 Jul 24, 2012 06:14 Send this review to a friend
intermittent contacts  Time owned: more than 12 months
All the benefits are listed below, and I agree. The weak point is the cable/keyer connector, which is a 3-pronged solution. I (and reports from some friends confirm) sometimes have intermittent operation. I have to "jiggle" the cable/contact and it works again.

To the vendor: Please find a more solid solution for the cable connection!

VE6SMG Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2012 01:27 Send this review to a friend
Well Designed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great product for portable operation. I have only had it a few days, but am impressed with the quality construction of the whole package. The magnetic mounting base holds the paddle to the side of my HB1B perfectly and fits flush front to back; a nice combo. Looking forward to QRP outings this year.

KC2ZXL Rating: 4/5 May 9, 2012 12:26 Send this review to a friend
Good Paddle for Mobile/Portable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the Palm Paddle from Milestone Technologies about six months ago and have been using it in my mobile with Yaesu FT-857D. It's a well thought out paddle with good feel to it.

It also seem to be made of good quality material and the travel case as part of the package seems to be a real plus.

On the downside however, though minor, somewhat annoying is the wired connection to the back of the paddle unit which seems to get loose quite often. It then displays symptom of radio receiving only one of the two input. When pushed back in, it works again until it plays a bit then comes loose again.

I am thinking of using a hot glue gun to fix it in place, but could have been better designed.

KY7K Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2012 02:04 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Best trail paddle around. Combine with the Code Cube keyer and it's even better.