Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Palm Mini Paddles Help

Reviews Summary for Palm Mini Paddles
Palm Mini Paddles Reviews: 87 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $120
Description: Mini Paddles for QRP/Portable
More info: http://www.morsex.com/palm/

You can write your own review of the Palm Mini Paddles.

VE9VIC Rating: 4/5 Sep 25, 2017 12:07 Send this review to a friend
a bit expensive   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my mini paddle, the paddle itself is ok but no more, it's small but not made of gold except for contacts, here the cost were , 120 us plus 27.50 us for shipping and 31.90 canadian for custom and handling again, total of 147.50 us ( 182.27 cnd ) + 31.90 cnd = 214.17 cnd
for the size and the material it's from my point of view a bit expensive. I have a very good service from Morse expres, thank to Marshall.

M0HAF Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2016 10:28 Send this review to a friend
Outer cover needs to be longer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered my palm paddle from Martin Lynch at the UK National Hamfest a week ago, did'nt have one there but sent by post 2 working days after the event. Only issue I had was missing Dah's when fitting to FT817ND Both Yaesu and the manufacturer need to stress setting kyr in the VOX BK KYR menu line.
My only other criticism is that the outer slide box protects the paddles for travel but not the cable connector plug. The key is only 7.5 cm long, another 2 cm on the outer case would protect both the connection and the paddles for travel storage. Other than that, a perfect key

K1OE Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2015 09:50 Send this review to a friend
Really Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my Palm Mini Paddle several days ago.
I simply really like it. I like the design, the case, the cable, the quality, the 'feel' of the paddle and its success in use.

I bought it from Morse Express and received good information and excellent, fast service.

I am optimistic that it will travel well for portable use.
(It already has!)

It makes better sense to write a review after months of use... but I was so happy with it... here's the review asap!

Best regards to all, John k1oe

N1EU Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2014 07:11 Send this review to a friend
Updated Review  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've always loved this paddle since meeting the inventors at FDIM in Dayton years ago. But I wasn't crazy about the connector on the paddle end of the cable. I'm happy to say that Palm responded to the feedback and redesigned the cable and all is well. This is by far my favorite portable paddle.

KD2FIP Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2014 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent with the 817  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Absolutely love this little paddle. It fits my style just fine and is very affordable. A perfect fit with the FT-817. I did have a slight problem with it when it arrived, but got it sorte out. The problem was as follows;

I got mine today and was very disappointed when I couldn't get the "Dah" paddle to work. In addition, the "Dit" paddle was just emitting a continuous tone rather than a series of dits. Looking here I went back and checked the wiring and the cable. All was in order so I was a little befuddled. I then went into my FT-817 menu and double checked to see if I had missed anything. In fact, On the secondary menu (controlling the A/B/C buttons), I noticed that I didn't have KEY selected (MENU ITEM VOX/BK/KEY)Once I activated that, the paddle worked perfectly. I can only speak for the Yaesu FT-817 but that is an easy setting to overlook. BY the way, if you deselect the BK setting you will be able to practice sending without actually putting anything out on the air.

By the way, I purchased it from Marshall at Morse Express and would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a reliable vendor. 5 Stars all the way around.

AI4BJ Rating: 4/5 Sep 6, 2013 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Fine if you like a paddle with a soft feel  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used a Palm Paddle for several years.

The pros: It's lightweight and rugged enough to toss in my backpack without any special padding.

The con: I like my paddles to have a hard feel, and the flexible arms of the Palm resulted in a feel that was just too soft for my liking.

I ended up replacing the Palm Paddle with an American Morse Porta-Paddle, whose rigid arms give me just the feel that I like.

K5JYD Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2013 15:49 Send this review to a friend
great paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It got here really quick, took a few minutes to set it up, works great.I use a left handed style so just turned it over and mounted it to the side of the qrp rig. It stays put. Its a geat set up with the Hb-1B qrp ri.g
K5jyd

EA5BLP Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2012 04:33 Send this review to a friend
Excelent for portable use  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an excelent paddle for portable use. Very well enginered and with a fine touch for the telegraphist. In combination with the code cube allows a perfect transmission with any home made or kit rig which has not electronic keyer.
You can see it in action in some of my videos in the link below.It's so light and little that, using the magnetic base, it can be mounted even in a bike.

K5TTE Rating: 4/5 Nov 15, 2012 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Love the paddle,not the cable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is the best paddle I've ever had. Its magnets gives a perfectly stable fit on the side of my Argonaut V. The keying
function is entirely satisfactory; the spacing adjustments are
easy to access.
As others have noted, the cable failure has been been a disapointment after a few months use.
But the company responded quickly with a replacement.
I'm going to create a strain-relief fix for this bad boy.
Careful application of gorilla glue at that problematic
3 prong connector may do the job.
This is a great paddle; I'm willing to give it another go.

HB9DST Rating: 4/5 Jul 24, 2012 06:14 Send this review to a friend
intermittent contacts  Time owned: more than 12 months
All the benefits are listed below, and I agree. The weak point is the cable/keyer connector, which is a 3-pronged solution. I (and reports from some friends confirm) sometimes have intermittent operation. I have to "jiggle" the cable/contact and it works again.

To the vendor: Please find a more solid solution for the cable connection!