Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Palm Mini Paddles Help

Reviews Summary for Palm Mini Paddles
Palm Mini Paddles Reviews: 84 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Mini Paddles for QRP/Portable
More info: http://www.morsex.com/palm/

You can write your own review of the Palm Mini Paddles.

KC2ZXL Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2011 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Nice quality paddle from Germany  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first Iambic Paddle after doing weeks of research; finally decided on this one and I am very pleased with it. I ordered it from Morse Express and price was reasonable. Though I could have bought the gray one that one of eHam member was selling, I wanted a black one instead to go with my Yaesu FT-857D. Feel of paddle is very nice and I have already mounted the paddle without the magnetic base; using industrial strength 3M velcro - similar to ones used on EZPass tags. I will be doing a YouTube video soon with my new toy in my Mobile Shack. I did had to set the CW on the 857 to Reverse since I got used to using the Mic as Key and it was set to left-dah and right-dit.

HB9OBZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2011 05:43 Send this review to a friend
A REAL WINNER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'M NOW HB9DTA (DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE....HI). THIS LITTLE JEWEL IS REALLY A "MUST" FOR PORTABLE QRP OR QRO OPERATION BUT IS A REAL PLEASURE TO USE EVEN IN THE SHACK. THIS IS MY FIRST PADDLE WHICH I USE WITH MY LITTLE TEN-TEC R4020 QRP RIG. TILL NOW, I MADE THOUSANDS OF QSO WITH STRAIGTH KEYS OF ALL SORTS FROM MILITARY, NAVAL ONES TO HYSTORICAL PHELPS LANDLINE KEY (1860 !!!) JUST TO MENTION A BELOVED ONE AND I WAS QUITE CONVINCED NOT TO ABANDON THE OLD FASHIONED WAY. ACTUALLY, I STILL LOVE STRAIGHT KEYS AND I WILL USE THEM BUT I HAVE "DISCOVERED" A NEW FANTASTIC WAY TO SEND DITS AND DOTS AND I REALLY LOVE IT ! YOU WON'T BE AFRAID WITH THIS LITTLE PADDLE.

IZ0PXT Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2011 13:54 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This paddle is very small, but works like the biggers brothers !!!

AB7KT Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2010 20:39 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these to go with my Yaesu FT-817 to use when portable. When I am not portable, the 817 sits in my shack and I probably use it once a week or so. I liked the Palm Mini Paddle well enough that even when in the house I have it connected and use it from the shack.

PD9W Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2010 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Mini Paddle from Palm Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently bought myself this little wonder for QRP work. Leightweight and a very handy item for fieldwork. Use it with my beloved Elecraft K1-2 (10-20m). Suite both nice together. Recommanding paddle.
Customer service from Palm Radio is very good too. Thanks Hannes, DL9SCO. Vy 73!

KD7MTI Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2009 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mine arrived just the other day. I was very excited to try it out.

I've attached it to the left side of my ft-817; the magnets hold the key firmly in place.

The spacing and tension as set from the factory are quite usable -- wide and with more tension than my ham-key paddle.

I found like others that that the key has a very nice feel. I am quite comfortable sending code between 15 and 22 wpm using this key.

I decided that I would use only my ft-817, z817 tuner, and the palm paddle; I want to prepare for some business trips in the future --- so I need to see if I can use this setup.

Like others, I am very happy with the feel of this paddle.

XE1UFO Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2009 09:01 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST BACKPACK KEY  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use mine with the Yaesu FT-817ND and the SGC-2020 ADSP2. I have used over a dozen different tiny keys and paddles for backpack and briefcase operations. This is without a doubt the very best. Plus you push it back into its case, and it travels protected. Very well made, AWESOME!

WB9JOX Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2008 20:59 Send this review to a friend
jewel of paddles  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using mini paddles for years now.Have 2 of them one on each desk. It has such a wonderful feel.Dont know what else to say about this paddle except if you are looking for a paddle try this one and Im sure you will be surprised.I will never look for a replacement thats for sure.

CWBILL Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2008 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Awesome little key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was skeptical on purchasing such a small key, but decided to do so as my other keys are too large and heavy to take portable. Well I have yet to use it portable, It hasn't left my desk it so nice to use at home! I love this little key, the big bulky ones are pretty, but they are now paper weights! I have an old 'Steelcase' desk and this little key just stays put. Im able to send code quicker and smoother with this little guy! Great key, don't hesitate! I'm probably gonna get another.. Good Job Palm!

N4LQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2008 13:57 Send this review to a friend
Great on IC-7000  Time owned: more than 12 months
For my IC-7000 mobile installation I simply removed the center screw from the lid of the radio, inserted it through the mounting base of the Palm and tightened it down. I had to peel off the rubber pad near the screw since the screw is too short. The other pad keeps the Palm from moving. I have the Code Cube. This gives me instant speed adjustment without fooling with menus in the rig. I use the rig's sidetone. The whole thing is awesome. I've had the Palm for about 5 years and never had a problem. Highly recommended!