Reviews Categories | Electron Tubes | 572B Tubes- China Manu. Help

Reviews Summary for 572B Tubes- China Manu.
572B Tubes- China Manu. Reviews: 31 Average rating: 3.2/5 MSRP: $$35
Description: Watch Limited Warranty!

You can write your own review of the 572B Tubes- China Manu..

K7QXG Rating: 2/5 Sep 22, 2014 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Not available in USA  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Using AL811HD which comes with four 572B tubes. At 10 months operation, tubes would not produce power. A check of the four by experienced engineer on high quality tester showed two were weak and one was very weak. Unable to obtain replacements in USA. Phone calls to RF Parts, Penta, etc revealed that they have none and won't obtain more until the Chinese mfr.does something about the poor quality. So here I am with a good amp and no 572B replacements available, except from the mfr plant in China - and I won't order from them! So, I replaced the 572Bs with 811As and the amp runs fine... it just falls short on power output (400 watts instead of 550 watts on CW). Ameritron should be ashamed of themselves for still selling the AL 811HD since replacement 572B tubes are no longer available.

MM0IMC Rating: 3/5 May 21, 2014 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Okay for the price...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use them in my Ameritron AL-811HXCE amplifier and they require about 1 minute or more to warm up. Not a great issue. ;)

MM0IMC Rating: 2/5 Jan 31, 2014 09:05 Send this review to a friend
Poor Output in FL-2100Z  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent two of these Chinese 572B's (Shuguang) to a friend to test in his Yaesu FL-2100Z amplifier, into a dummy load.

His Russian valves (tubes) easily produced 700W+ into the dummy load. The Chinese 572B's (Shuguang) struggled to reach 520W on the lower bands. :(

I guess they are okay if you've nothing else to run in your amp, but not as good as the real McCoy.

K5RCR Rating: 0/5 Jan 29, 2014 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Tale of two suppliers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Lets cut to the chase. I ordered three matched 572b's from a Chinese vendor via eBay. These are for my AL811. They were matched all right. ALL THREE and shorts from filament to grid.

I sent the tubes back three weeks ago and have yet to have the money refunded to paypal. I think it is safe to assume that it will not happen. So, while some of these guys are honest businessmen, others are clearly not.

Now, on a brighter note, I still needed tubes, so I ordered a set of "811H's" from RF Parts. These tubes are also Chinese, but were actually tested by RF Parts. They are not much more expensive than the tubes sold by the Chinese bandit. These 811H tubes are 572b's derated to 1900 volts...fine for the AL811 but not other amps running in the neighborhood of 2500. After about 20-30 hours of "burn in" [as suggested by RF Parts that they would require] the tubes are producing full rated power plus a little and don't show any sign of red anodes like the 811a's do.

Lesson: While you can't avoid Chinese tubes, you can avoid Chinese vendors.

MM0IMC Rating: 2/5 Jan 25, 2014 09:00 Send this review to a friend
Anode Cap Came Off!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The replacement 572B that I received from China seems to have a loose anode cap, that needed resoldering.

MM0IMC Rating: 3/5 Jan 20, 2014 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Watch the Quality Control...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I finally got a replacement for the duff valve (tube) from China, but the heater filament seemed to be somewhat dimmer than the other three.

After a couple of hours in the amplifier, this seems to have settled things done and there appears to be no problems with it.

They seems to be slightly down on output as compared to my 811A's, about 10% down. Otherwise they are fine...

M0HDX Rating: 0/5 Dec 30, 2013 04:31 Send this review to a friend
Matched pair...Really  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a matched pair of 572b valves from the seller Shuguangs off ebay and only one worked out of the pair.

One valve had getter silver/grey coating on the glass of the tube and worked fine but the defective valve which did not light up had a white getter colour.The only time the getter colour will indicate a problem is when it turns white. A tube with a white getter will not function and cannot be used. This happens when air leaks into the tube.

Not sure how these could of been tested and sold as a matched pair.

MM0IMC Rating: 3/5 Dec 13, 2013 14:00 Send this review to a friend
Shuguang 572B  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought four of these from China for use with my Ameritron 811H. Three worked and one had to be returned because of a filament-grid short which caused the Grid Current meter to peg backwards and also blew one of the fuses.

VE1FG Rating: 4/5 Dec 1, 2013 02:18 Send this review to a friend
new chineese tubes  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
hi my name is mike my call is ve1fg I bought a mached pair of these tubes about 3 months ago and installed them in my old heathkit sb-200.after removing a old set of cetron 572b,s that were just about dead .after doing so the amp went from about 200 watts with the old cetrons to 550 watts on 80 m so far so good I have been running them everyday now and haven't found any trouble with them as of yet well here,s hoping they will cont to give me good service first time ever to buy them.best 73 from Canada da dit da.

KD7ZYZ Rating: 0/5 Mar 22, 2013 13:04 Send this review to a friend
Not worth your time  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a matched set of three shuguang 572b tubes
from a seller on ebay. After burn in I apply power
600 watts ok that looked good but shortly after my receive on my Ft-950 began to get very load pulsating noise . One of the tubes had broken into oscillation.Replaced by seller next while loading on 75 meters the swr went whacky and in ssb there was a carrier. Put My 811a's back in my Ameritron
amp and all was well. Would not buy another China tube if it was the last one in the world total dodo.