Reviews Categories | Ham Repeater Controllers | NHRC-2 Repeater Controller Help

Reviews Summary for NHRC-2 Repeater Controller
NHRC-2 Repeater Controller Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $30
Description: Repeater Controller
More info: http://www.nhrc.net

You can write your own review of the NHRC-2 Repeater Controller.

KC0GLA Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2005 21:26 Send this review to a friend
Cheap and easy controler  Time owned: more than 12 months
I built this controler and like it's simplicity. I still have not built the repeater for my controler.

I also have one that another ham built on a repeater and have used this controler now for 2 years and no problems. I am using the voice ID and also the option for a custom Curtosy Tone. Since there are not as many options, this controler sets up in very little time.

I am planing on a 70cm and 2m repeater project in the near future. The 70cm will initaly use this controler until the need to upgrade. I am definatly going to purchase a couple more for the 2 other repeaters under construction.

VE3TK Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2002 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Inexpensive and Effective  Time owned: more than 12 months
This controller certainly works and is inexpensive to boot. It's DB9 connector follows a similar wiring approach as Link RLC controllers. It has been used in a solar powered repeater (www.qsl.net/va3pla) for some time. Current consumption is miniscule. When doing talkback testing, the parrot mode is excellent as you can hear how the repeater is receiving mobiles. If you don't need the recording capabilities, the PIC micro can also function as a basic controller with beeps and ID... even simpler and cheaper.

KA5ECS Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2001 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Simple and cheap  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the NHRC-2 kit, which includes the PCB and the chips. I built it by using the supplied parts list. It is, in my opionion, one of the best inexpensive controllers I have ever seen. The audio is good, operation is simple. It even has a Voice Recorder and Player, which I use for ID. Stored audio is clear.

I highly recommend it, and any of the NHRC products.