Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil BM-10-5 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil BM-10-5
Heil BM-10-5 Reviews: 11 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: Dual headset /mic
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil BM-10-5.

K5UX Rating: 4/5 Apr 24, 2001 23:49 Send this review to a friend
Great sound......only one minor gripe!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently ordered the BM-10-5 after hearing it was available again. Apparently it was discontinued several years ago after being very popular with the DX crowd. I use it with my Kenwood 850 and really like it. Only one minor gripe.....I think the cable is too short (about 4 feet). Something like 6 feet would be ideal. I did e-mail Bob Heil with my comments and was told the 4 foot cord was in response to numerous requests to make the cord shorter. Apparently those folks that wanted a shorter cord don't have a operating desk that is 36 inches deep. When I am using the BM-10, I don't have very much mobility with my desk chair. Bob Heil did tell me the earlier BM-10's came with a longer cord, but folks apparently complained that the cord was being run over with the casters on their desk chairs. Anyway, the great sound certainly outweighs the short cord. It will simply take a short adapter cable made from Radio Shack parts. The HC-5 cartridge works very well with my 850....just have to run the mic gain a little higher. Getting nothing but outstanding audio reports on the air.