Reviews Categories | Microphones | NADY Systems SCM 900 Studio Condenser Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for NADY Systems SCM 900 Studio Condenser Microphone
NADY Systems SCM 900 Studio Condenser Microphone Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $299.99
Description: The superb sound of a classic high-end large-diaphragm studio microphone with Cardioid pattern, 1", 3micron, gold evaporated, dual FET preamps, dual transformer coupled balanced outputs, true condenser(elements constantly biased by the preamp), integral shockmount, requires 48VDC@<3ma phantom power, black-finished machined brass, 30-16khz with lowcut 6db@100hz, 200ohms, max.SPL 25db, S/N ratio 76db, 2"dia, 7.5"length, 500grams.
More info: http://www.nadywireless.com/scmmics.html#scm900

You can write your own review of the NADY Systems SCM 900 Studio Condenser Microphone.

KC0GSB Rating: 3/5 Dec 19, 2007 21:59 Send this review to a friend
It's OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not a bad mic. It does seem to have too much bass for my taste (or voice). For this reason I never use it anymore.

VE3MIX Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2006 14:22 Send this review to a friend
recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tested this mike into headphones. I had trouble using it with a radio, because I did not realize how high the output level is. In order to interface it with your radio, you will need to contemplate carefully how you will reconcile the phantom powering, line balancing and level matching (true of any studio condenser). The audio is excellent, and the cardioid pattern produces an effective null towards the back. I compared it with an AMI F33 condenser, which is more than double the price. I preferred the Nady, and bought another one. Make sure the retaining ring that holds the body shell on is tight, mine came a little loose. The previous reviewer is incorrect about the 100 Hz rolloff. It is selectable by means of an internal switch, and the mike is flat down to 20Hz if you desire. I enabled the rolloff to discourage rumble. It lacks an output transformer, which may be a liability or an advantage depending on your point of view. I got mine for $49 including shock mount.

WV4R Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2001 13:55 Send this review to a friend
Super quality Super sound for under $100.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I do not know anyone who has this NADY SCM-900 Large Diaphragm Condenser Studio Microphone... so when I bought it, I was taking a chance but I found it On-Sale for $79.99 and I cannot resist a Bargain! Opening the box, I found myself gazing upon a thing of true beauty. It is big - It is heavy - it is black. It does Not come with a shockmount or cable but it does have swivelmount included. This mic. requires 48VDC so it is Not for the typical radio amateur but rather for those amateur audiophiles who want to run with the BigDogs. My Marshall MXL-57 Isolation Mount fits around it so I hooked it to a Behringer MX-802A and started listening to it on Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones... WOW! This mic. is Clean and has Clarity you would expect from a monster condenser fer sure. There is More than enuf output. It seems quite bright and although the bass rolls off with a 6db cut @ 100hz, it is easy to EQ a big bottom if desired. It's 30-16khz flat-as-a-pancake graph makes it overkill fer my TS-870. For the money, in a Under $100 range, you will have to search high and low to find a better buy if you want to try to run with the Big Dogs of amateur audio. 73 es God bless, wv4r.