Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | W2IHY Dual Band Equalizer/Noise Gate Help

Reviews Summary for W2IHY Dual Band Equalizer/Noise Gate
W2IHY Dual Band Equalizer/Noise Gate Reviews: 36 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $144.99 assembled or 109.99 kit
Description: 2 Band Audio Equalizer and Noise Gate
More info: http://www.w2ihy.com

You can write your own review of the W2IHY Dual Band Equalizer/Noise Gate.

AD7VH Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2009 00:04 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my W2IHY dual band EQ off from QTH.com because the price was right. I put a 2.9KHZ TX filter in my Yaesu FT-857D and found that I did not have enough lows or highs, so an EQ was the answer.

The audio was a little narrow and centered around 2KHZ. Using the EQ the audio is so much better. I am also using a Radio Shack studio microphone into the RCA jack, which is leaps and bounds above the stock mic. I know that it is a lot of trouble to go through for a cheap radio, but it works the way that I want it to now, so I guess that it was worth it.

In the very near future I am going to use the RCA jack on the EQ to line-in my computer (attenuated by 40dB) to use JT65B for EME on 2m (4X12L @ 500w). I will be using the VOX on the ft-857. This would simplify a digital interface greatly -- and using the VOX would take care of the need for a PTT line.

Hope to see ya on the Moon soon, John, AD7VH

K2PJW Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2008 14:42 Send this review to a friend
Great Investment  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great investment. I use it with the atr30 mic and get great reports. The user can adjust bass and treble to suit there unique voice. The noise gate works great for background noise and to give a nice clean sound. It's a lot of fun to play around with and just right for me. If I had the larger eq I would be constantly adjusting the sliders. So two sliders on this eq works for me.

VK4TZA Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2008 01:28 Send this review to a friend
Easy solution  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is great value for money product. I owned this unit for 2 years and used it for base operating with my Heil HM-10. I received many unsolicited reports on my audio quality. There are some that do not like theW2IHY audio, and prefer to struggle with other product mixes. Thatís ok too but this worked well for me.

PD2JHP Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2008 06:33 Send this review to a friend
nice kit great at work!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got my kit via the mail and build it in about six hours. A few parts where missing but no big deal! (extra costs about Ä 3)I use it with the MD-100 microphone from Yeasu and my FT-2000: a great combination!
Now I am in business for the pile-ups!

Hope to meet you on 10-20-40 metres!

Jan

N0GW Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2007 20:48 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought it originally as a booster for my Heil mic. The noise gate and equalizer both turned out to provide a surprising improvement in my transmitted audio.

The noise gate was a bit touchy to adjust. I fixed that by placing 15K 1/4 watt resistors from the wiper of R18 (Noise Gate Level) to each end of this pot. That reduced the adjustment range by a factor of two while also expanding the resolution around the center of travel.

HAROLD_W5ZZT Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2007 16:43 Send this review to a friend
Best Money I have Spent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my W2IHY kit on Friday and had it on the air late Saturday. Great kit and quality parts but I would not reccomend for the first time kit builder. Mine worked the first time and boy does it work! I also got it for the noise gate to kill the loud sound of my amps and window air conditioner. I was very pleased to see how much better I could make the Heil mic sound with this 2 band eq. It's all you need in my book.

Great product! I'll be getting another for my other rig but will probably just pay the few bucks extra for a built version.

AB3EN Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2007 07:28 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding support and product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After building the Dual Band as a kit and having "Dr." Julius graciously fix my mistakes the results are more than I ever expected. Great product, service and support above and beyond.

My old D104 with no amp now happily plays with my IC-7000. Sounds great and its a lot of fun to have that old D104 on the desk.

N6NKN Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2007 14:02 Send this review to a friend
Audio Transformer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the two band EQ hoping to bring up the mic level of my Heil PR 780 and Icom Pro III combo. I found I got much more then that. Using the two band EQ I was able to produce a much more pleasing transmit audio, and now I can properly adjust the Vox, which was not possible with the Heil previously.

Adjusting the noise gate must be done carefully, closely following the well written instructions.

Having previously built and tested graphic equalizers for the pro audio industry, I found the quality of the product and the quality of the audio produced to be second to none.

I'm going to keep the two band EQ, and transfer it to my Kenwood. I'm going to get the EQ+ for the Pro III, now that I know the performance of the fine products produced by W2IHY.

When you hear me on the air, you will find me using and recommending the products of W2IHY.

Use one, you will not be disappointed.

VA2VYZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2007 09:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The EQ8 let you be able to reach the maximum you can have from your mic and rig.

For more info and audio sample, take a look at my website.

Look under W2IHY tab in the menu.

Best 73 !

W3UTD Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2006 10:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My shack has 2 computers (2 fans each) and a Saltwater Reef tank (with fans, filters and coolers) in the other corner. I didn't realize how much noise there was until I tried out a digital voice keyer. When I played back my recording it sounded like I was inside a wind tunnel!

I knew I needed something like this piece of gear. After setting it up it sounded good during playback on the voice keyer, but over the last few months, I've had unsolicited on the air comments of "beautiful signal" and "awesome audio". Can't beat that!

Setup was easy and the instructions were great.