Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Tennadyne T10 Log Periodic Help

Reviews Summary for Tennadyne T10 Log Periodic
Tennadyne T10 Log Periodic Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $725
Description: 10 El HF Log Periodic Antenna
More info: http://www.tennadyne.com

You can write your own review of the Tennadyne T10 Log Periodic.

K4TBN Rating: 4/5 Oct 24, 2000 00:40 Send this review to a friend
quality antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a strong, well built antenna. Without having a test range available to confirm Tennadyne's claims, I believe the antenna performs as advertised. The T10 really does seem to play.

Assembly, at first, was difficult. I'm the first to admit that I am far from being mechanically inclined and could really have used better documentation. The instruction manual should have utilized photographs to illustrate step by step instructions. Upon request, Chuck, who was very reachable, did email photos. During assembly, I discovered the internal boom supports did not fit. Chuck said this part was too big and would have to be worked with a metal file until all four fit inside the boom. This should have been done at the factory. The bolts used on the boom to mast blocks need to be at least an inch longer so mounting would be easier. The insulating boom to mast blocks require a 2 inch OD mast - period. It would be nice to have the option of using other mast sizes. Also, many of the sheet metal screws used to assemble the elements broke with only hand tightening. I hope I will never have to disassemble this antenna. Still, if it ever came to it, I would readily buy this antenna again.

WB7OKX Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 1999 02:09 Send this review to a friend
Well made, easy to construct, light weight, low sw  Time owned: unknown months
Just installed my T10 a week ago, I put the 24' boom (2 piece 1.5" square tube) together in the
garage with first section elements. All parts fit well and tight, construction was a breeze.
Finished the job next to the tower laying on two saw horses. I did not time myself but think the time it took me to construct was between 6 to 8 hours.

I am not sure how I did it but I did get the T10 on the mast by my self, this was a tough road to hoe but I some how made it and got it bolted tight.

The only problems I had were in this area, the mast clamps are made for 2" O.D. and my 1.5" schedule 40 galvanized water pipe was roughly 1 3/4 inches O.D. The only way I could figure out how to fix this problem was to cut some thin rubber roof membrane and wrap it around the mast. This did the trick and did make a nice fit to the mast. The two booms are hot all the time and the boom to mast clamps are made out of plastic with stainless steel plates and bolts on each side. The bolts are 1/4" and in my opinion a little small for the clamps, I had two gall up on me and had a hard time with it. I finally used some of the WD-40 and graphite mixture used for assembly to help with the bolt and nuts that galled.

Bottom line is that is a well made antenna that all parts fit extremely well and tight. The beam is fairly light weight and not all that hard to handle if you have some help. The swr is well within Tennadyne's 1.7:1 typical max swr and it has NO traps to go bad and limit your max power, which is full legal limit with the Tennadyne Log Periodics.

Chuck was very pleasant to talk to via the internet e-mail as well as on the phone when I ordered, and answered all my questions.

I would recommend Tennadyne Log Periodics to anyone