Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | CWGet Help

Reviews Summary for CWGet
CWGet Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $35
Description: Morse Code Decoder
More info: http://www.dxsoft.com/micwget.htm

You can write your own review of the CWGet.

W8SMF Rating: 1/5 Jan 19, 2013 16:32 Send this review to a friend
Below Expectations  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed a SignalLink USB interface and purchased CWGet. I found it complicated and full of decode errors, with extremely poor performance with weak signals. So I downloaded CW Decoder by WD6CNF(free), and it started up working right away.

9K2YM Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2010 05:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for use junior  Time owned: months
This program helped me a lot to get filled by the stations you want
And helped me to learn morse often in charge of this program and envision ethnic them more progress

NK5G Rating: 4/5 May 31, 2009 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Not bad at all  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used this for the first time in the CQ WW WPX contest as a crutch to make sure I got the exchange ok. It worked fine for me without playing with any of the features.
Don't get this expecting for it to do all the work for you. Nothing is beter than your own proficiency. Like any CW decoder program you will get alot of garbage on the print out, but it helped me when I needed it.

VA7CPC Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2009 19:30 Send this review to a friend
Useful crutch  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using CWGet as a crutch during contests. It's not much good on marginal signals, but it works well on strong ones. I'm setting the threshold manually, AFC is off, and I've narrowed the receive filter to 70 Hz. I tune the signal to the filter -- that way, "zero beat" is guaranteed.

CWGet is better than some other CW decoders I've tried. "Wetware" is better, but my brain doesn't work faster than 15 wpm.

CWGet is good enough so I'm going to pay for it -- it's become an integral part of the "shack software".

Charles

W9ATB Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2008 08:48 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this program for quite some time. Does what it is supposed to do and does it well.

DL7ISA Rating: 1/5 Sep 17, 2008 07:49 Send this review to a friend
Joke Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Although some CW Signs are shown correct on the Screen, I rate 2 because not enough CW Signs are shown correct. The Auto Detect does not work at all, i had to switch to the CW Signal manually.

This is a Copy and Paste of a RST 599 CW Transmission from the Screen, I quote: " uz2lldxknwa3fntnxgajamesurrst5nn5nnopyarikh{.--.--..}bkjtun{-...-.}ee{.---...-}tKNs{.-.----}in{....---..--.}{....-.-}s{..--...}kfbcopyjimtnxferqso73cuagntfemn "

Look at the Quote I made again and then let me tell you after that I got a window saying CWget has decoded over 8000 Letters for me and I should pay. Maybee you got now why I wrote "Joke".

VK2CA Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2008 06:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent - worth paying for!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have avoided CW for years as my copy was never really that good ( about 15wpm or so at best). This program really opened this mode up for me. It is not perfect but from available decoders I tried this one shines above the rest. Very powerful configuration options or just use it on default - it will do the job for you. Nice to be able to double check things in your head under bad conditions though but in good times it will let you read as fast as the best of them. Zero beating is a snap with this and really gives you an edge when chasing the DX to be "right on them" before you TX. So far 130+ countries in the log that I would never have tried in this mode without its help. It is worth paying for (if you don't have to!).

W5CPT Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2007 17:12 Send this review to a friend
Great features  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Probably the best $25 I ever spent for software. WZ7I noticed the same thing I had. You can use the spectral display to zero beat the calling station, dead on. With my little pistol station, I need all the help I can get. Answering right on the frequency the the "Rare DX" is calling is your best shot to get in his pass band (until he goes split). Works well during contests when everyone is running simplex.

And when the DXEpedetions are really flying I use the decode as a crutch because I really can't copy that fast. (never have, probably never will).

Clint - W5CPT

AC7PN Rating: 3/5 Jan 29, 2007 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Filter function of CWGET needs help  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using the audio filter on CWget and it almost helps. The problem is that it introduces clicking, cracking, poping, and wheezing to the filtered sound. All digital artifacts. Have you experienced this? I've got a very fast computer and I've tried setting the process priority to "real time" and the noise on the filtered audio output through the sound card remains. I've tried a number of different sound cards with the same result.

The automatic level setting for the 1/0 threashold doesn't work very well. Setting manually is better. The AutoGoToPeak works great and if the filter was working it would be an excellent tool for manual CW decoding.

I'm thinking that if it could run the filter without adding the garbage that the Morse decoder function would be improved.

ON4MGY Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2003 14:50 Send this review to a friend
Great programm  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
CWGet really decodes very well, even under difficult circumstances.
After I passed the morse-test I never operated CW until recently. As my copy speed isn't high, CWGet really helps me when the operator i'm working is keying a little too fast.
Just use it once and you'll like it!! A great programm.