Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Whiterook MK-32 Help

Reviews Summary for Whiterook MK-32
Whiterook MK-32 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $16.95
Description: Sipeswiper, highly portable key
More info: http://electronicsusa.com/

You can write your own review of the Whiterook MK-32.

KE7WAV Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2012 22:15 Send this review to a friend
Very Impressed  Time owned: months
I have had this key for about a year now.
First the service from Electronics USA was wonderful.
The key itself is small and very easy to use. I have used it portable and love it so much I have been using it as my main key for quite some time.
Learning to use a sideswiper is something I recommend, but remember that good sounding code is more important than speed.
I have a weekly sked that regularly goes an hour or more--with my J-38 my wrist often felt fatigued. I now hold my sked and feel quite up for several qso's after my weekly ragchew. Something to take into consideration.
I highly recommend the key, but be warned that it is very small and light. The leg strap or holding it with your other hand is just part of using this key.
If you have any questions about it feel free to contact me.

KU4QW Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2004 06:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Dual Action Key  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I first got this key many years ago, I put a toggle switch in it so that in one postion it works as the sideswiper, the other postion turns it into a single lever paddle for my keyer, I've used this so much with my keyer, and sometimes just for fun I try sideswipping, it can be fun and clean with a little practice....

K0KL Rating: 3/5 Sep 9, 2002 16:31 Send this review to a friend
It's OK, but chintzy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned one of these jewels for a time, tried it on a DX-pedition but found I needed 2 hands to operate it. It's so small and light it won't stay put! (Guess I should have had double stick tape).
It is light
It is small
It is not practical for any serious operation.
But worth the price for the novelty

KC4TXR Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2001 09:38 Send this review to a friend
I've got cooties and I'm happy about it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wonders never cease from Whiterook! I'm savy with a straight key, perfect on a paddle and I'm pretty close to unbeatable on a bug. So I had to take the next step as a CW commando... the sideswiper or cootie key, if you will. This key from Whiterook is the perfect vehicle to hone your sideswipery technique.

First, the materials, construction and design are top shelf. Second, it only costs $16.95!! Third, if you simply can't handle the delicate art of sideswipery, you can rewire the key as a single lever paddle. The creative use of a simple switch modification can enable the widget to be BOTH a cootie key and a single lever paddle... cool.

Here's a handy tip for using any Whiterook key... Since they are very light being designed for portable ease, Double backed carpet tape will keep 'em put real nice. I always carry a small roll of this stuff in the field and I use it at home. If you're blessed with a triple digit IQ, I'm sure you can work wonders with Velcro.

But sideswiping isn't hard, just different. After about an hour of practice (like all CW, it's timing, timing, timing) I was on the air! I even got a couple of "nice fist" comments! I really appreciate Whiterook giving me the tools I need to make me look good. Join the fun, all happening Hams of the new millenium are using Whiterook keys.

If they would let me, I'd give this key a 6

BTW, I am not connected with Whiterook in any way, just love, love, love their products, neat stuff.