Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, etc.. | International Radio (Inrad) Crystal Filters Help

Reviews Summary for International Radio (Inrad) Crystal Filters
International Radio (Inrad) Crystal Filters Reviews: 48 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $115-155
Description: Maker of OEM type IF filters for various transceivers. mailto: sales@inrad.net
More info: http://www.inrad.net/

You can write your own review of the International Radio (Inrad) Crystal Filters.

KG6YV Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2014 07:57 Send this review to a friend
Great products, fantastic service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been buying INRAD filters for many years, all have exceeded my expectations for performance. I have replaced stock filters in several Yaesu and Kenwood transceivers and find the INRAD products to have better skirts and lower ringing inside the passband in all cases.
I just purchased an additional 2.1khz filter for my FTDX-5000MP from INRAD. The filter is a direct plug-in and works great. It give me that little bit of extra selectivity for pileups and crowded band conditions.
In addition to the superb products I love INRAD's customer service. My latest purchase arrived in one day from them via USPS 1-day priority mail. Now, that is service....

G8JNF Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2013 11:59 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I agree with everything W4GLM says.

My TS-2000 is now like a different radio, it is well worth the expense and time fitting this filter.

Highly recommended.

W4GLM Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2013 07:02 Send this review to a friend
BEST yet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently installed an INRAD #92 in my TS-2000

All I can say is WOW

After flying Navy Jets my hearing was should we say mediocre at best.

The installation of the filter made the audio from the TS-2000 much easier for me to understand

GOOD JOB

N5RNY Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2013 14:45 Send this review to a friend
INRAD 2100 SSB for Icom 718  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works well, cleaned up the '718 SSB receive. Makes it much easier to listen to the 'widebanders', and also reduces noise from close-in stations.

Intermediate level skill, as the main board in the 718 must be removed to complete the install, and it would have been nice to see the proper menu setting (FL222) called out on the receipt, or specified on the INRAD website.

But the end result has been worth the effort and expense.

WA1RKT Rating: 4/5 Jun 28, 2013 08:13 Send this review to a friend
Could use an installation warning  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Purchased a 1.8KHz 8.83 MHz filter for my Kenwood TS-950SDX. Seems to work OK but a couple of caveats about the installation that it would have been good if I could have been warned about ahead of time...

1. You have to cut two of the five pins off of one of the filter connectors on the TS-950SDX IF board, in order for the filter to fit. Those are ground pins that Inrad says are not needed or used, even for the Kenwood filters; still it would have been good to get a prior warning about this before purchase.

2. If you install the filter so that the writing on the label on top is the same direction as the Kenwood filters, it will interfere with the bottom shield of the TS-950SDX DSP unit and you will not be able to reinstall the radio's bottom cover. You have to install the filter "upside down" so that the label is upside down as compared with the labels on the Kenwood filters. The filters are bidirectional so it doesn't matter which way you install them, but a prior warning would have been nice so I didn't cut the pins off the wrong filter connector on the IF board (see (1) above).

NG9D Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2013 09:39 Send this review to a friend
fits like-a-glove  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed an IRAD 400 Hz intermediate frequency filter in an Icom IC-703. The 400 Hz 455 kHz CW 8-pole crystal filter is sold as a replacement filter for the Icom FL52A. It was easy to install and fits like-a-glove. It works as advertised: Bandwidth 400 Hz; Center Frequency 455.0 kHz; Mode CW; Shape Factor 1.8. A brief installation and demonstration is shown here: http://youtu.be/rPn9vjTCEMc - 73 de NG9D

N5TEN Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2012 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I haven't installed the crystal 400 cw and crystal 2100 ssb yet, so I don't have a function review yet. Normally I don't post reviews, and especially not before I test the equipment, but in this case I'll make an exception.

I purchased both crystals while my radio is in for service with a turn around time of 3 weeks to a month. Inrad warranties the products for 30 days. Because I mentioned that my radio was away for service right now, they extended the warranty to 60 days!!

In addition, they pre-wired both for me, even though I only paid for one pre-wired because I missed checking the menu box in the order out page by accident. Shipping was instant and response was excellent.

You just don't get customer service like that anymore. I will definitely order again and so far it's been a pleasure doing business with Inrad.

K4DSG Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2011 14:58 Send this review to a friend
Very Satisified!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a 400Hz CW filter for my Icom 718 last Tuesday and received it Thursday via Priority mail. The installation went pretty smooth and the performance of the filter is better than I expected. Very satisfied with the service and filter performance!

K4FX Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2011 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned a little FT-857D for a number of years, I recently saw a 300hz inrad advertised for a very good price (80 bucks shipped) I jumped on it and I am delighted. Mostly I work RTTY and this little rig is now in another class. All you need to do is slightly move the IF shift just a tad and the 300hz really knocks out the QRM. Also on CW 300hz is as close to perfect as you will get.

I am so happy I will probably try one of the their SSB filters next.

KE2TR Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2010 07:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Stuff!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased a used FT1000MP about 2 years ago, it had no filters except for what comes stock. I ordered up the Inrad roofing filter and a pair of 2.1Khz ssb filters instead of the Yaesu 2.0. Back in the 90teis I ran the Ft1000MP with the yaesu filters, they were better than the stock 2.4's but just didnt seem all that sharp when the band got busy, these filters work and the combo lets me have some real sharp selectivity, its not as good maybe sometin like a FTDX5000 but makes this ole rig keep up. I also did the W8JI NB mod which helps a little as well. These earlier radio's handles lot of abuse when I was heavy into contesting in the mid 90ies and still seem to hold there own, I only wish IR would have out a more selective roofing filter, like 2.7 with sharper skirts, kinda like what some of the fellows are buying for there FT2000, 4Kc is a little wide and the 2.7 would be perfect. There filters are price very well and do work, great stuff.