Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | RF Applications VFD Help

Reviews Summary for RF Applications VFD
RF Applications VFD Reviews: 41 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $249.00
Description: 0-3kW or 0-5kW Vacuum Fluorescent Display Wattmeter.

No longer available. A high end VFD (vacuum flourescent display) replacement meter called the PowerMaster has been introduced as a replacement for the VFD. See website for info.
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com

You can write your own review of the RF Applications VFD.

W7KPQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2004 15:22 Send this review to a friend
What a Great Meter!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This meter is the cat's meow. It's works like a charm. It performs well and the information it displays is very, very accurate. Most Highly Recommended!

W5GM Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2004 11:48 Send this review to a friend
The best meter ever!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my VFD for over a year now and I can honestly say that this is the best meter out there. It makes tuning up the afterburner (Henry 2kX) a breeze. The SWR relay option is a life saver. I tested against a bird (industry standard IMHO) and it was dead on.
I rate this a must have for your shack..

WB4OOA Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2004 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service meter  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I installed the VFD on my Service bench in place of my Bird 43. The Lexan front panel matches my IFR-1200S service monitor panel perfectly. I wish the black Bakelite case were Cast Aluminum alloy.

The performance of this meter is Automatic, Accurate, Very convienent, and easy on the eyes. The SWR Alarm is a handy feature. The Tune mode and bar graph are excellent for bench alignments. The remote pickup makes bench mounting easy.

The Bird 43 has been put away to be used only for shop calibrations.

K1ZR Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2003 18:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Meter  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Prior to owning the VFD, I used the famous Bird 43 for years...the VFD accuracy comes close to the 43 however contains many more options available to the operator. For me, the remote sensor module is a major plus allowing more station layout flexability..also, the High VSWR Alarm/trigger is a must have, especially for the contest operator in a fast paced operating environment. The digital read-out is easy on the eyes after 30+ hours without sleep.

Highly recommended.

N6VUJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2003 20:56 Send this review to a friend
Nice Unit  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Nice unit.

I would strongly suggest getting the VSWR Alarm Relay Option with it.

I have had mine trip faster than I could ever respond to an antenna problem.

The VSWR Alarm Relay Option is well worth it.

KD5FOY Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2002 10:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Accessory  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned this unit for 18 months or so and it
worked like a champ. A couple of times it quickly
revealed that i had the antenna switch in the wrong position and saved me from myself:-)

BUY ONE!!

I'd buy another

larry
kd5foy

W3FRG Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2002 02:59 Send this review to a friend
Superior  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought the VFD as a replacement unit for another top brand. It works as advertised and is very accurate, within the specifications quoted. It just sits there and does it's job remarkably well.
Trouble free and easy to operate.

You won't be disappointed.

AL1F Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2001 16:08 Send this review to a friend
Great unit!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I liked this unit so much that I bought a second one for my work based ham gear. Good unit for a good price. Quality made and accurate with thew features you need.

KA4P Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2001 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Nice meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
I enjoy my VFD. It works well and I have built a small circuit to supply negative ALC voltage to the transceiver in the event of SWR fault. I feel a lot better running my big Henry at high power. I know that if the antenna falls out of the tree that the system will shut down in an instant. I highly recommend this little meter.

W3UA Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2001 22:22 Send this review to a friend
I can't believe it's digital!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had two digital wattmeters before (Daiwa and Radio Shack), and they both are clear and present junk. So I was a bit hesitant... I was wrong! This little unit does a great job. It will replace my old good Nye Viking, and become a permanent addition to my RA3AA station, where I use manual amplifier. Although I do not really need one for my W3UA station, because I use Alpha 87A here, which does not need manual tuning (thanks to auto-tune feature), I will probably get one just because it is so nice!

Higly recommend!