Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Electra-Slide Screwdriver Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Electra-Slide Screwdriver Antenna
Electra-Slide Screwdriver Antenna Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $170.00 + 20.00, S&H
Description: Screwdriver antenna based on the Don Johnson, W6AAQ original design
More info: http://www.qsl.net/w5es/

You can write your own review of the Electra-Slide Screwdriver Antenna.

N4KRA Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2003 10:49 Send this review to a friend
A Good working antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Electra-Slide antenna by W5ES has been on my truck for about a year now. It started out during winter in Pennsylvania. I am happy with its performance and with support I have received. Due to the Corrosive conditions of winter road salts and such, The exposed toroid did corrode off at the antenna connection. I simple repair and was back on the air. I emailed about a new toroid and quickly received it and the screws on the antenna I had asked about. The new toroid was fairly cheap to obtain and will be installed soon. Because of the corrosion due to road salts I have taken the antenna apart and repainted the tube with aircraft polyurethane and will be putting it back together again with the new screws and a protective box I have modified to protect the lower end of the antenna and toroid. It was simple to take apart, but a great performing antenna... It has been mounted on a 1/4" aluminium plate bolted to the rear stepbumper on my F150. I would not hesitate to buy another one if I needed one.

W1ZE Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2001 10:44 Send this review to a friend
Best screwdriver under $200  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the W5ES Electra-Slide mounted on my Toyota P/U since 1999 and the antenna has worked exceptionally well. The antenna is shipped to your door by W5ES and comes with the bottom mechanical assembley, matching transformer, up/down switch and installation instructions. You add your own mount and CB whip(Radio Shack)cut to length IAW installation instructions. I added a motorcycle fork boot over the exposed coil and it makes a slick installation. You could spend $300 for a screwdriver antenna but it will not work any better than the Electra-Slide.