Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Signal Engineering Help

Reviews Summary for Signal Engineering
Signal Engineering Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$ 350.00
Description: Quad Antenna / 8 Element
More info: http://www.signalengineering.com

You can write your own review of the Signal Engineering.

AB4RY Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2003 00:37 Send this review to a friend
Great antennas!!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have assembled and installed a few of theses antennas over the past 10 years.( I had a small tower installation business in Central Florida) I believe I constructed one two element which was on a 40 Rohn push up pole and turned with a small TV rotor. It worked well and the owner of the station says he loved it .

I constructed many of the 4 element 10 and 11 meter models, they went together well and were excellent preformers.

I conducted a tests at my own station using a standard 4 Signal Engineering 10 meter model verses a 4 element 10 meter monoband yagi. They were both on 40 foot towers. The reports on ten meters were as follows I constantly recieved stations 6 db stronger on the quad. The same reports were noted by most stations.( 3 to 6 dbs varing with conditions)

I noticed that the qsb was much less with the White Lightening , and the antenna was much quieter.

I also constructed and installed an 8 element for a cb'er in West Central Florida. It was installed on a 60 foot tall aluminum tower and turned with a ham 4 rotor. It was truely a killer. The customer stated it was the best antenna he ever owned and he owned Moonrakers , stacked 3 's , Lazers , ect.

I was personally amazed at the rejection and gain.
The evening after the install. The customer called me to test antenna. He was running a standard cb ssb radio , I believe it was a Cobra product.(12 watts pep)

I listened to him on a Unden Grant and a 1/4 wave steel whip in my pick-up truck(12watts pep) . I use it while hunting in N. Florida. I lived about 6 miles west of the station, It my driveway on channel 39 LSB
he was giving me almost a 30 DB over s 9 on the said radio. It was about 10 PM and there was no interference. Well to cut to the chase I drove 50 miles north on the west coast of Florida on US HWY 19 and he never dropped below and S-9.

Another factor is the owner, Anthony. He cares about his products and customers.He will always return your calls and is a gentleman and truely a pleasure to deal with.

I have been after him for a frw years to produce
a tri-band quad. Well who knows??