Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | WB9LPU Parkwood Iambic Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for WB9LPU Parkwood Iambic Paddle
WB9LPU Parkwood Iambic Paddle Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Hand crafted iamabic keyer with rosewood base and paddles
More info: http://www.n9vv.com/WB9LPU/index.html

You can write your own review of the WB9LPU Parkwood Iambic Paddle.

WB4GNT Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2004 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Parkwood Paddles...A true work of art!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just took delivery of my second Parkwood Paddle, from Richard Meiss, WB9LPU. This one is an iambic type (#39) and previous was a semiauto
"bug". Both are beautiful, and are true works of art. From the mil-spec stainless ball bearings to the polished cocobolo wood and beautifully machined brass, all is perfect. The fold-out outriggers make the little fellow very stable for its size, and the warm polished wood feels great to the fingers. Definitely a legend in the making, and I am certain a fantastic investment, not that I would ever sell either.

N9VV Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2002 08:14 Send this review to a friend
precision instrument  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am the proud owner of Parkwood Paddle #32 December 2002 and it is a magnificient CW instrument. The adjustments are precise and it holds a fine position with a real sold feel. The contacts are crisp and reliable. The base has the outrigger extensions that are adjustable so that while the paddle is small and portable, it has the feel of a full sized model without the unnecessary weight and deskspace. I love this paddle and look forward to bugs and paddles from Richard in the future. You will NOT be disappointed if you are fortunate enough to invest in one of these spectacular devices. I believe this is the beginning of another ledegend in Ham Radio like the Hensley paddles. Get in early and you will have a prized addition to your shack.

K2RIG Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2002 23:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Feeling Paddles  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am proud to be the recipient of the first "Production Unit", serial #010 (which includes a string of prototypes). What a wonderful set of paddles!! I put them on the air today (30-Mar-01) and love their feel. First contact was the Netherlands, PA3ADJ. I opted for the wider spaced finger pieces (about 7/8") and this feels different but works good with my large hands. By the way Richard offers narrow spacing as an option. I was going to use these strictly for field use with my K2 but I have also cleared a permanent space in the shack for them.

WP3GN Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2002 08:46 Send this review to a friend
Beauty & Craftmanship  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You have to try one for the fell of these paddles. Richard not only produce this pieces of art, but can customize to your specs.

KF8KL Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2001 09:49 Send this review to a friend
A work of art and precision  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For starters when I opened the package and beheld the paddles my reaction was "wow, these look better than the JPGs that WB9LPU sent me." Putting aside its esthetics, the keyer has a precision feel to it and is easily adjustable. The model I purchased has magnetic contacts which really impart a smooth action. WB9PLU, Richard Meiss, has several variants of this key. At present I don't believe he has a web site but he can be reached via email at igeq100@iupui.edu
While the keyer is physically small there is a neat design element to add stability--a pair of legs that swing out from the base at a 45 degree angle. Folks, you just don't see craftsmanship like this anymore. Well, okay, I should have said, with the exception of Schurr paddles...at any rate these paddles are really a joy to use and, if you're into esthetics, they look beautiful too.