Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | MFJ-941E Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-941E
MFJ-941E Reviews: 56 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $119.95
Description: 300 Watt antenna tuner covering from 1.8-30 MHz
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-941E

You can write your own review of the MFJ-941E.

K8BDW Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2015 04:25 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought mine used for I figure a good price. Read manual, placed a proper and good earth ground, connected the antennas and it works. No RF backfires, great little tuner. Does everything I expect of it.

W4DXL Rating: 4/5 Jan 4, 2015 17:42 Send this review to a friend
A Good value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I too have received a little RF burn here and there from the set screws on the tuning knobs, no big thing. The controls are a bit touchy (they might need to be cleaned) but I'm always able to tune my G5RV with it. This was a $50 (used) hamfest purchase, so I have no complaints. Well worth the money.

KK4BAW Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2014 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Simple and effective  Time owned: more than 12 months
Simple and effective little tuner. It should be noted that the average retail price is now up to about $139. MFJ website lists it for $149.

I have an auto tuner as well, but I always seem to find a use for the MFJ 941E in my shack. Mine is solid in construction. Meter is accurate. No quality issues whatsoever. Tunes almost everything I've put on it without issue.

Happy owner here.
Fred KV4PI

K0MF Rating: 3/5 Jan 12, 2014 11:40 Send this review to a friend
Incoming inspection mandatory  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Haven't even put any RF through it yet, but it's been some time since the last post, so seemed an update was in order in case you were hoping that things were all better now....

Just took mine out of the box. Small scratch across the top of the cover. Otherwise OK.

I highly recommend you open it up first thing before you use it. In mine the solder joints all look good. However, I noticed that the front panel locking nut for the inductor switch was loose so every time you operated the switch it tried to rotate which flexed all of the leads to the inductor, which, over time, would definitely caused issues or a short. After tightening all of the lock nuts for the inductor and capacitor shafts, and re-aligning the capacitor knobs (they were backwards as others have noted earlier, with 10 = fully UNmeshed), things look like it is now ready to use. Will update review then.

While some on this thread can justify this stuff based on the low prices, I do not. This is basic craftsmanship stuff and a little attention to detail that doesn't cost $.10 more to improve if the management chooses to focus on it.

Looking back over time, it's pretty clear MFJ doesn't pay much attention to these reviews. I sent them an email suggesting they begin to do so.

W9CAC Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2013 15:46 Send this review to a friend
You Betcha!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received This Unit Today. Read The Manual, Connected It To My 930S, Tuned It To 18 Meters And Bang Contact Made.Should Have Done This a Month Ago. Removed The Cover, Checked All Connections, Soldering Was Very Clean. No Cold Joints.

KD2AJN Rating: 4/5 Aug 9, 2012 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Nice for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this tuner for only a little over a year and already one of the tuning capacitors is broken. When it worked it worked well. The internal antenna switch and balun are more useful than I thought they could be, and the random wire input is pretty nice to have. It's a nice little tuner, just expect to have to make a couple repairs here and there.

VK4NWX Rating: 4/5 Jul 28, 2012 04:28 Send this review to a friend
Good uint!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A good basic tuner that dose to job, and dose it well! can tune almost anything! only two things that could be better, thats the size of the cross needel meter it's a little small. And the earth terminal at the back was a little lose when I frist used it out of the box. But other then that Im very happy with it. 73's

K3EY Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2011 12:26 Send this review to a friend
Worth It's Money & Lasts  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had one similar 30 years ago when I first started out and used it for many years problem free. I now own the newest version. I have never experienced any of the problems expressed here. It tunes both my vertical and wire antennas without difficulty running a 100 watts. I expect it will last until my final rest, and then will be used by another happy camper into infinity. The only reason I no longer own the original similar version, is because for a while I "thought" I needed an amplifier and wasted too much money on high power tuners and amps.

MW1CFN Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2011 23:07 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Review texts online can lead to lots more prevarication, but I'm glad I took the average score on eham as the true indicator of satisfaction.

The build quality of my unit is very good, and none of the loose components, screeching controls or arcing were found. The overall build is way better than I'd expected. The meter is fairly small, but for most people, it's perfectly adequate.

I'm just getting going on amateur radio after holding a licence for 15 years, and within minutes, I had an end-fed random wire tuned up to a very low SWR on a number of bands (helped, I think, by a good RF earth.)

Doesn't appear to me to be any reason why you wouldn't buy this tuner. Very good, in my book, especially for 150-odd in the UK.

VE7EA Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2011 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Works fine as sold.  Time owned: more than 12 months
No problems with this tuner. No arcing at all with badly tuned setups at 100 watts. I use it with a 135' multi-band doublet up 20m and fed with 450 ohm ladder line. Tunes everything 3.5-30MHz and works well. Recommended for low power setups.