Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | MFJ-941E Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-941E
MFJ-941E Reviews: 52 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $119.95
Description: 300 Watt antenna tuner covering from 1.8-30 MHz
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-941E

You can write your own review of the MFJ-941E.

W9CAC Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2013 15:46 Send this review to a friend
You Betcha!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received This Unit Today. Read The Manual, Connected It To My 930S, Tuned It To 18 Meters And Bang Contact Made.Should Have Done This a Month Ago. Removed The Cover, Checked All Connections, Soldering Was Very Clean. No Cold Joints.

KD2AJN Rating: 4/5 Aug 9, 2012 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Nice for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this tuner for only a little over a year and already one of the tuning capacitors is broken. When it worked it worked well. The internal antenna switch and balun are more useful than I thought they could be, and the random wire input is pretty nice to have. It's a nice little tuner, just expect to have to make a couple repairs here and there.

VK4NWX Rating: 4/5 Jul 28, 2012 04:28 Send this review to a friend
Good uint!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A good basic tuner that dose to job, and dose it well! can tune almost anything! only two things that could be better, thats the size of the cross needel meter it's a little small. And the earth terminal at the back was a little lose when I frist used it out of the box. But other then that Im very happy with it. 73's

K3EY Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2011 12:26 Send this review to a friend
Worth It's Money & Lasts  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had one similar 30 years ago when I first started out and used it for many years problem free. I now own the newest version. I have never experienced any of the problems expressed here. It tunes both my vertical and wire antennas without difficulty running a 100 watts. I expect it will last until my final rest, and then will be used by another happy camper into infinity. The only reason I no longer own the original similar version, is because for a while I "thought" I needed an amplifier and wasted too much money on high power tuners and amps.

MW1CFN Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2011 23:07 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Review texts online can lead to lots more prevarication, but I'm glad I took the average score on eham as the true indicator of satisfaction.

The build quality of my unit is very good, and none of the loose components, screeching controls or arcing were found. The overall build is way better than I'd expected. The meter is fairly small, but for most people, it's perfectly adequate.

I'm just getting going on amateur radio after holding a licence for 15 years, and within minutes, I had an end-fed random wire tuned up to a very low SWR on a number of bands (helped, I think, by a good RF earth.)

Doesn't appear to me to be any reason why you wouldn't buy this tuner. Very good, in my book, especially for 150-odd in the UK.

VE7EA Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2011 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Works fine as sold.  Time owned: more than 12 months
No problems with this tuner. No arcing at all with badly tuned setups at 100 watts. I use it with a 135' multi-band doublet up 20m and fed with 450 ohm ladder line. Tunes everything 3.5-30MHz and works well. Recommended for low power setups.

KC2VDM Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2011 10:41 Send this review to a friend
a good start.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is the first antenna tuner I have ever bought, and while being on the 14 year old allowance, mother didn't want to spend more than $200 of her own money for the supplies to get on the air. Having Already gotten an ft-101zd from a friend. I decided on this, despite the reviews. So far it works great with no problems. Tuned a g5rv on most bands so far. Cosmetically it has some paint splotches (rather that than a bent tuning cap). my dad (also a ham, but still learning) has found it quit easy to use. the FT101 tuneup procedure is harder for him!

overall, it may have been luck, but a great choice for the budgeted ham.

IZ5PQT Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2010 04:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent low-cost tuner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought my MFJ-941E on Ebay from a ham, and I have used it for 6 months. It was in excellent conditions and fully working. The only thing I did was to adjust the knobs since the pointer indications were meaningless. Clearly if you look inside the components are not heavy-duty super quality but if you have 100 W they are perfectly OK. My antenna is a G5RV Jr. dipole and for me the tuner is crucial to operate outside of the 40, 20 and 10 m bands. Thanks to the 941E I can work on the 30, 17 and 15 mb without problems. I prefer to use the manual tuner rather than the automatic tuner of my FT-450 AT.The forward power is reasonably well calibrated. Maybe I was lucky but this tuner deserves 5/5 in its price range.

VE7AYZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2008 10:26 Send this review to a friend
funny company  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
What more can be said about mfj's quality control that hasn't already been touched on already.
I like my tuner, it works great. No issues with it so far. I am tuning mobile whips attached to my chain link fence in the backyard of my townhome so the tuner works well although my antenna's are reasonant where I use them and often I use the tuner in the bypass mode.
I can chuckle now but I didn't at the time of purchase but I have to admire the workmanship that goes into the "boxes" that MFJ tuners go into! Has it not got to be one of the nicest boxes for the price? Snow white with that Red 35th Anniversary Emblem stuck to the front! The reason I mention it was because the box was flawless no bumps or crunches. But when I opened it and unwrapped the plastic off the tuner there was a big dent/bend in the back right hand corner of the unit! Actually, it looks like the metal bender at the factory packed it in that day and they just bent the metal over the end of the workbench hammered it over and called it sell-able. Anyhow, the store didn't have anymore of this particular tuner so I decided that if MFJ figured this tuner was passable through their quality control section then it must have something good going for it.
Anyhow thought I would just mention this just for laughs. ;)

Sean

VK2FTNY Rating: 3/5 Apr 11, 2008 04:02 Send this review to a friend
Quality control is an issue  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this tuner for over 2yrs,In that time it has been replaced under warranty twice and the third one repaired also under warranty.Mine was a fairly common problem mentioned in a few reviews of this tuner.My sensing diodes died on all three.The third time i asked my supplier to repair instead of replace and since the tech replaced with geranuim equivalent diodes have not had a problem since.Great tuner when working properly but there are a mirade of manual tuners around that i believe will give less problems especially down the track when the warranty runs out.