Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Murch UT-2000a Help

Reviews Summary for Murch UT-2000a
Murch UT-2000a Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $136.00
Description: 2kw 80-10 Meter Tuner

You can write your own review of the Murch UT-2000a.

N1PD Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2002 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Great simple tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I picked up my UT-2000A at the Charlotte hamfest this year and I am very pleased with it. It is in great shape both mechanically and cosmetically. I does a fantastic job of matching my Windom and my 600' long wire on all bands. I agree with another reviewer that said it would be nice to have a bypass switch and an antenna switch built in but who can complain for $70!

NE0P Rating: 2/5 Jun 30, 2002 01:39 Send this review to a friend
Did not work for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one of these used because I found it at a great price, and I figured that a KW tuner with a roller inductor would match anything I threw at it. WRONG!! I could not get it to match my dipole on 80 meters, which my MFJ 300 watt tuner does with no problem. I could get a match on 40 with a great deal of effort. I did not try the other bands because I knew by that time I was not keeping it. It was twice the size of my HF rig, and did not work as intended. I am glad to have it gone.

VA3UT Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2001 11:42 Send this review to a friend
UT-2000B  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have UT-2000B, which is with a meter, and it is a great tuner. The size of the caps and the inductor instantly convinces me that it will run KW with no sweat. The case doesn't look pretty but it does the job flawlessly, so why bother with its look? If you need a very good KW roller inductor tuner this is the one at a reasonable price. The only problem is, there aren't many of these around today.

AD6MJ Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2001 22:01 Send this review to a friend
Solid Dependable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After picking up an amplifier, I found the need for a high power tuner. Paying $300+ for an MFJ did not exactly appeal to me. I have one of their 300 watt tuners, and it has done a respectable job, but just was not that solid. I also wanted a tuner with a roller inductor and in general the comments I received from others were not that flattering of the MFJ roller inductor. I ended up getting the Murch. I had seen a few of them at the flea markets and got a chance to look inside. When i happened to run across one for a good deal and happened to have the funds, I bought it. Definitely a good decision. This is a very good tuner. Settings are very repeatable and a perfect match has always been attainable. These tuners can be found for low prices, I paid $80.00 and it is worth every penny. Anything negative? Yes the "A" model does not have a swtich for bypass built in. This is not really a problem for me but a switch would be nice. The "B" model I believe does have the switch. Adding a switch to mine will be a future project. If you are looking for a good quality low price tuner these are great deals on the used market. Try pricing the components to build your own!!!