Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | W9INN-Space Saver Diapole-42' SSD-5-42' Help

Reviews Summary for W9INN-Space Saver Diapole-42' SSD-5-42'
W9INN-Space Saver Diapole-42'        SSD-5-42' Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $135.95
Description: This is a space saver dipole 5 Band antenna 10-15-20-40-80,may be hung as horizontal,Dipole,Inverted "V" or sloping Diapole.

You can write your own review of the W9INN-Space Saver Diapole-42' SSD-5-42'.

K9MHZ Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2011 07:37 Send this review to a friend
Really nice  Time owned: more than 12 months
I think I got mine during the time just before Bill became a SK. Had a few questions, so I called him. He was the nicest, most decent guy you'd find. You could tell over the phone that his health wasn't good, but he just powered through it and insisted on being a great help, and he was. As for the antenna itself, you could see his attention to detail right when you opened the packaging it came in. Probably the only "negative" thing to report was a little information overload, as it was clear that he worked on these info sheets over the course of his many years as an amateur....so that was actually was a big bonus, and not a "problem" at all. The antenna is predictably narrow on 40 and especially 80 meters, which means that even Bill couldn't change the laws of physics. The good thing though, is that he supplied so much information that moving the 1:1 SWR freqs around isn't a huge deal (by changing the stubs, etc). This antenna has held up very well over time.

I miss guys like him.

KE3LB Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2011 08:35 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mine has been up 15 yrs still works great wish bill was here to read the reviews only thing had had to do was replace my coax . I know he hears us.

N9GC Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2008 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Review and W9INN-SK  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a combo review of the antenna and announcement for those who weren't aware that Bill W9INN passed away a couple of years ago. He was 78 and worked on his antennas until two weeks before his death. Since he was the entire business, the antennas aren't available new, but they live on in the hands of all his happy customers (such as me!). Deed restrictions from my neighborhood (the Peoples' Republic of Pond Hollow) aside, I made WAS with less than 200 w on 80, 40, and 20 with his antenna. SK Bill. We all miss you.

73, Carl WC0V

W5VK Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2008 06:56 Send this review to a friend
Fine Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a fine antenna, especially for the limited size. Most "small" antennas are very compromised on performance but I've had this one up for over a year and it has done a very respectible job for me w/ just 100 watts.

WB5BYO Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2003 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Well built and right the first time  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great antenna, Went up and worked on the specified frequencies right out of the box. My QTH is limited space, I chose this dipole for it's all band characteristics. Bill was very pleasent to speak with. We set up the frequencies and heights. Then leter we decided to add the warc band antenna to the order as it was within the space requirements. After the SSD-5-42 was up, I then tried to 'join' the two antennas together. It worked very well. All that was needed was to lengthen the 12M elemement. If you decide to do the same, ask Bill for some pointers before you order. I had to make my own spreaders and put 6 in place of the original 4 spreaders with two of the remaining original spreaders at the ends. Got the whole set working on 8 bands with no band switches or antenna switches. Great help from Bill. Thanks

K7LZK Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2001 23:23 Send this review to a friend
Compact Wonder  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After quite a bit of research into dipoles and unradiated verticals, I found the W9INN. I live in a single family home with a zero lot line. My vertical didn't work as it was too close to the house and I didn't have the space for radials. I ordered the 42' and have it hanging horizontally about 20' above the ground. QSO's include Finland and Japan from Seattle. Terrific little antenna.

KG4LRU Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2001 23:29 Send this review to a friend
8 month update  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Will I have been using this Dipole now for 8 months, I now have it mounted 50 feet aboved the ground,I still have been amazed my friends with very big beams and towers, This has been the Best money spent, I have been getting more Dx with this 42 Ft, dipole, South Pole New zealand not this Q5 copy but 10 and 20 over signal reports, cant say enough about this antenna If you have small lot this where you should invest your money 135.00 Please specify your choice of freq. to Bill and aprox. Height and he will Tune for you. Swr on 15 and 20 1:5:1 40 and 80 100 KC with a tuner entire band.

K2MIT Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2001 11:00 Send this review to a friend
Agreed-Great Anteena  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I agree. I put up the 42' version in my attic (small lot) and work the world; Do well on 80m also--worked CA from NYC-area and worked Norway on 80 with a tuner!).

Bill tunes them well. Lowest SWR was within 25 khz of where it was supposed to be.

Well made and easy to install. My only installation issue was getting the spacers between the lower and upper wire to hang properly on each end. Ended up using my own knot and everything worked out great.

Very Small ads. Very big service and performance.

KG4LRU Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2001 23:51 Send this review to a friend
Big Signal reports  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
W9INN dipoles the guy with the little adds, But has great antennas, I needed a antenna that would be easy to conceal and would not be noticed much.I called Bill at W9INN antennas after calling disscussing my options he recomended SSD-5-42 dipole ,42 feet long and covers 10-15-20-40-80.Bill will pretune the antenna for you if you give him the frequencys you want resonant on, you will need to give him the height above ground.If your lucky about 3 weeks from the time you order, Its worth the wait,I have worked more Dx with pile ups and always got through, This has been the best money spent.Works as promised Just wished I had room for one of his 80'.I been using the dipole 4 months talked New Zeland, Brazil,Moscow, Norway it goes on and on performance on 80 has been great.I use a auto tunner up down the bands with no problem using full power with Icom 751-A ,this will work in attic also for those of you that have no other options. A+++ Bill Thanks Phil KG4LRU(W9INN-847-394-3414 between 12:00-3:00 CST)