Reviews Categories | Microphones | Yaesu MD1-C8 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu MD1-C8
Yaesu MD1-C8 Reviews: 21 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $>$100
Description: Deluxe desk Mic with tone control. Fixed 600 ohm impedance.
Handsome.

You can write your own review of the Yaesu MD1-C8.

K5YY Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2007 21:16 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent Yaesu mike. The B8 has switchable impedances from 600 ohm to high Z, whereas the C8 is fixed 600 ohms, compatible with the modern SS rigs. Mainly for use with FT1000D and 736R in design. The prices go for as much as the newer MD100 model.

N8MRC Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2007 18:13 Send this review to a friend
Great mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great mic, I paid $85 for it and worth every penny. I use mine with the Heil PL-2T Proline Boom hooked to a FT-840 with nothing but good audio reports, if you can get one at a deciet you will not be disapponited...

K9CTB Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2007 00:59 Send this review to a friend
Timeless quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this microphone for about 15 years. It has never let me down. I bought it as part of a Yaesu FT-757 (pre GX II) package from a good friend of mine. That 757 has long since been given another home, but the MD-1 has stayed right here. I have used it with that Yaesu, a Kenwood TS-940S/AT, an Icom IC-746Pro and an IC-718. Each one of the rigs sounded great with this mic. The dual impedance switch on the mic stand is great......You can probably mate this microphone with anything! Before writing this review, I even rigged up a patch cable to mate the MD-1 with a Yaesu FT-600 (modular connector). The results were outstanding! These microphones are getting difficult to come by, so if you need a desk mic, and you find one of these, I recommend that you buy it. Don't dally. But don't get taken, either. A nice looking one without eyesore scratches on the finish is worth about 100 bucks or less. Test it before you buy it because the element can get trashed if the mic has been thrown around alot. Even as old as they are, buy it and it'll probably last you your ham career. If I needed another desk mic, I'd buy an MD-1 again. There are so many nice ones on the market today. If I couldn't find an MD-1 or found them priced through the roof, (find an elmer - avoid e-bay) my next choice would be a Heil. I used to call my MD-1 the "poor man's Astatic" - but nowadays that might be arguable. 73.

VK2STG Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2007 16:10 Send this review to a friend
Top Microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
I first bought a MD-1 Microphone for my Yaesu FT-767GX, after setting the Microphone to the correct settings. I was commented on the audio quality from the Radio & Microphone.

After using this Microphone for about two years & swapping it between my FT-767GX & the FT-736R. I found another MD-1 Microphone for my Yaesu FT-736R and have the same desired affect.

This would have to be one of the best Older Microphones available, especially for your Yaesu rigís, so if you donít have one yet go & get one.

You will not regret it.

K6YE Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2007 22:51 Send this review to a friend
GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got this microphone new with my FT-1000D and it has performed great for many years. I now prefer my Heil Proset because I am on the air so much on CW. For chewing the fat on SSB, this instrument is awesome. IMHO, it is better than te MD-100 by far.

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2006 09:25 Send this review to a friend
Nice solid microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had this mic for about 8 years together with my first TX, the FT-747GX and later with my FT-990. It really improved the modulation on both rigs a lot and was solid finished. Good job, Yaesu!

AD6ZU Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2006 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Great audio for many rigs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got this in a deal with a JRC-145. The pinouts are the same so it worked straight off. Got many unsolicited excellent audio reports. I built a Yaesu to Kenwood adapter cable and tried it in my 870, 850, 450 and 830 (8 to 4 pin adapter) and got excellent audio reports on all of those rigs too. I would recommend this mike over the MC-60A in that with the MC-60A, I had to do some upgrades to eliminate RF feedback in the base of that mike. The MD1-C8 works straight off without any additional mods with the exception of the pinout changing cable.

The mike also gets great reports on my FT-90R and FT-2600, but that's a little overkill .

Overall, an excellent performing mike.

K6YE Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2005 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
I received it with an FT-1000D. I have gotten excellent complimentary reports without first mentioning it. I occasionally listen on the monitor and it sounds good to me. If you want a great instrument that does not cost an arm-and-a-leg, get one of these. You will not be disappointed with your decision or its performance.

AD5EM Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2003 05:11 Send this review to a friend
It's Keeper  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Mine came with my FT-990 (used) and I love the mic and the radio! I'd used my brother's MD-100 and liked it, too. I get great audio reports and I have come to really like the style of the MD-1. I'm keepin' it!

KE4YDI Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2003 12:50 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned a Yaesu MD1 C8 mike since 1989 when I bought my first HF rig, a Yaesu FT-757gx, the mike was included in the deal. I have recieved nothing but great audio reports ever since. I ust the mike on my FT 757, FT 221r ,and my new FT 920, and will probably use it on all my Yaesu rigs in the future. In fact I found a place to buy them new, and I have another one on order right now.....