Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | ICOM IC-2800 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-2800
ICOM IC-2800 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $500
Description: ICOM Dual Band mobile
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-2800.

VE7LID Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2004 23:52 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had the radio for a few years now. Got it as part of an insurance claim to replace a power surge damaged kenwood. Love the radio. Screen easy to read,and the front end is great. One of the most usefull features I find in "intermod alley" that I live in (powerfull pager transmitters less than 1/4KM away) is the variable RF gain. As the squelch is increased, the RF sensitivity is decreased. Just like having an RF gain control. I like the speaker located in the control head. That brings the audio up front where you need it.
I have the tranceiver mounted behind my radio console, and on other radios that would mean I would need an external speaker. Not with th 2800. Speaker is right there on the back of the control panel. Great sound, lots of power, and did I mention you can plug a camera, or any other video source into the control unit and use it as a 3" LCD video monitor.

K6SRS Rating: 4/5 Apr 29, 2003 16:45 Send this review to a friend
Great - but . . .  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own two. Perfect in all but two respects.
1. I miss the V/V and U/U capability
2. After a couple of years, both units have developed a long hang time problem when warm. Let the key go and they will still transmit for 2-5 seconds. Haven't found the problem yet.

KB1IPB Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2002 13:20 Send this review to a friend
Hands Down, My Favorite Radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This radio is definately my favorite radio by far.. Xband repeat, dual recieve, easy to read display, a million and two functions, Video monitor, and perfect audio.. just to name a few things that make this rig good.

The manual is your best friend on this radio, I picked up the rig used from a local communications shop, and the manual was missing, I couldnt figure out the CTCSS function, so a quick return back to the shop, and a photocopy of one of their books, and I was off and running!

This rig also has probably the best selectivity of any VHF/UHF rig i have ever used!

The only thing i wish it had was VHF/VHF and UHF/UHF, but everything else in the rig makes up for it :)

If you have the opportunity to get this rig, do it without delay!

K5AAT Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2001 15:59 Send this review to a friend
Icom 2800 suits me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
great rig, easy to use. Have had nothing but rave reviews on quality of transmit. I am going to keep it at home and dual band monitor. It's like two radios in one.

KB9WPV Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2001 19:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent dual band  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got a new IC-2800. Although a little pricy, it is a performer! Lots of extras for those who likes the bells and whistles! The display is probably what commands the high price but has a video input jack for use with a video game,camcorder or digital camera! A neat rig, going to keep it for my base unit rather than use it mobile. My results with ICOM products has always been positive. Fine job on this rig ICOM!