Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Win-EQF Help

Reviews Summary for Win-EQF
Win-EQF Reviews: 59 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Win-EQF* is the 32-bit Windows version of the popular Log-EQF (DOS) program. Win-EQF* contains all the known features of Log-EQF, as well as many new ones - and is designed ground- up for the Win32 platform.
More info: http://www.win-eqf.com

You can write your own review of the Win-EQF.

WB9MSM Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Logging Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use WIN-EQF and think it is truly a great logging program. QRZ.com makes the program even better! It also works great with LoTW. No problem uploading QSO's for certification. I go back many years when LOG-EQF was being used. All around this is an excellent choice for a logging program. Price is just right. I do not use a paper log at all anymore . . . I'm spoiled with WIN-EQF! Can't go wrong with using this for your logging program.

EA8ASE Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2014 09:26 Send this review to a friend
Works Great!   Time owned: more than 12 months
It's a great logging program. I've used it for years and never had issues. It is very easy and intuitive and it does all I need.

K4WYS Rating: 4/5 Jun 24, 2013 17:43 Send this review to a friend
New Buckmaster DVD needs new *.dll  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Buckmaster's new DVD requires the updated "HAMCAL32.DLL". This is needed for the lookup from the new DVD. Hamcall has a download http://hamcall.net/hamcal32.dll . Or you can search the DVD for that file. I searched line for line and could not see it, so when I entered the search it was found. Now Win-EQF* looks up call sign data real fine.

WB0DUL Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2012 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Program & Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been a user of Win-EQF* for many years. When Tom Dandrea, N3EQF supported it the technical support was great. Now that Torkel, LA6VJA is in charge the support is equal to Tom's if not better. Torkel bends over backwards to help if there is a problem.
The program is simplicity at it's best but it does everything and it has a very short learning curve. It keeps track of Awards, it is fantastic for General logging, it is also contest software. It can send CW, and the list goes on and on. When Tom, N3EQF announced that he was going to drop support for the program at the end of 2010, I started looking around for one that was as good and possibly even better. There are some good ones out there, but be prepared to spend a lot of time learning them. I tried many, and none were really just kind of Plug 'n Play. Not so with Win-EQF*. Torkel took over the program support and it has seen some incredible changes. Once you get it setup you can start logging those QSO's. The cost is minimal for the support you get from Torkel, LA6VJA and his business partner, John, K1XN of GOLIST fame. John handles all the orders and has some great deals until the end of August, 2012. Check them out. You won't regret it. If you've been looking for a complete and easy to use logging program, get Win-EQF*, you won't be sorry. Oh, did I mention that you can print labels for your QSL cards using one of several printers? I use the Brother QL-700 and it does a beautiful job. I was having a problem getting it to work like it should, but it wasn't EQF's fault. I hate to eat crow and say it, but the problem was Operator Error. But Torkel & John were incredibly polite & helpful in assisting me, and went far beyond the call of duty. They were truly interested in seeing that I was happy.

Dick - W0RAA

K1PL Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2012 18:02 Send this review to a friend
File conversion made easy  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using Log-EQF when it came out in DOS, now using Win-EQF 2.26 and it works great.Ran K2D with 5 operators using 5 different logging programs. File conversion from 4 out of 5 was easy. The fifth I emailed to Torkel LA6VJA and within an hour he converted it so I could add it to my K2D log. He really takes care of his customers. Would recommend Win-EQF as the easiest program to use with the most features.

AA0PO Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2012 11:08 Send this review to a friend
STILL THE BEST FOR ME  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Win-EQF (by N3EQF)since version 1.1 (There never was a version 1.0-it was never released to the public.) Prior to that, I used the original LOG-EQF which was for DOS. I have found that the program is bullet proof, and flawless in its design. It tracks each and every award, and does so in an effortless maner. I have reccommended to all my friends, and find it uploads to other logs, contesting logs, and imports from every one on the market, including DX-Base, and CT.
Win-EQF has been replaced by a new developer in Norway. The new version is only a $25 upgrade for original owners of version 1, and to new hams or first time purchaser, it is around $60. It will work with 32 or 64 bit systems. The version now in use is 2.25. I am still using version 1 with updates to the last 32 Bit only program, which is version 1.94s. If you have a new computer, get the new copy for the $25 or $60 fee. THESE ARE THE ONLY COST INVOLVED. ALL CHANGES AND ENHANCEMENTS SINCE DAY ONE, ARE F R E E ! Personally, I paid for it once, and have not spent a dime since. It works great ! I even do all the contests with it now. Teriffic ! This saves purchasing other contest only products. YOU CAN'T BEAT IT - Trust me on this AAPO Tom

N1BCL Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2012 10:13 Send this review to a friend
Clean presentation, easy to use!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yes, it really is a Windows program. It just looks like DOS. The clear presentation comes from using PowerBasic's Console Compiler to create a consise easy to read main screen without loading your CPU down with 'pretty' features that add little or nothing to the job at hand.

I use Win-EQF for both DXing and contesting. It does not have all the features that some contest programs have, but it does all of the required logging for all of the contests I've used it on. It does a superb job of exchanging log information with LoTW and other logging programs as well as providing the information necessary for you to write your own programs to access the log information -- which I have done to help with QSLing.

Support? EXCELLANT!!!

GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2011 12:02 Send this review to a friend
Better than ever............  Time owned: more than 12 months
Adopted this logging programme when working as 9G1BJ when it was introduced in the early 1990's and commenced life as Log-EQF, using this call sign I logged over 120000 contacts without a hitch, but was sad to learn that eventually Tom would no longer have the time to continue to support this great product. However, thanks to Torkel - LA6VJA, and John - K1XN, Win-EQF* is working better than ever, you will not be disappointed with this excellent logging programme complete with exceptional support supplied by Torkel. Good luck all, 73's, John GM6TVR / GM6TVR/4S7 / GM0FQV / GM0FQV/A61 / 9G1BJ / A92HB

N9EF Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2011 14:41 Send this review to a friend
The only logger I use  Time owned: more than 12 months
Win-EQF has been around a long time and I've been with it since the DOS Log-EQF days. I tried several loggers when I thought Win-EQF would no longer be supported. Then Torkel (LA6VJA) took it over and I abandoned my search for a new logging program. Torkel is every bit as good as Tom was with his customers; and Tom was *very* good. Torkel has also make many fixes and improvements to the software. If you may be in the market for a new logging program give this one a try. There's a trial available.

WB0IQK Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2011 14:09 Send this review to a friend
Ordered 2.#  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using v1.94 for many years now and decided it was time to upgrade. The new owner has a good deal for upgrades, so took advantage.