Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Win-EQF Help

Reviews Summary for Win-EQF
Win-EQF Reviews: 59 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Win-EQF* is the 32-bit Windows version of the popular Log-EQF (DOS) program. Win-EQF* contains all the known features of Log-EQF, as well as many new ones - and is designed ground- up for the Win32 platform.
More info: http://www.win-eqf.com

You can write your own review of the Win-EQF.

N8IK Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2011 06:49 Send this review to a friend
Still the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used Win-EQF for 10 years and never had any issues. Nice GOLIST and LOTW support. All the major contests.

N7MSU Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2010 08:27 Send this review to a friend
Happy its back!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had been using WinEqf for more than 10 years, when we got word that Tom was giving it up. I was really disappointed, but resigned. Then, by chance, I found out that a new owner had picked it up, made some mods and was marketing it again. The new owner should have let us old users know! I just bought and downloaded the updated version. This is great!

W2MSK Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2010 04:51 Send this review to a friend
It's Back with Full Support!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used Win-EQF and it's DOS predecessors for many years with great functionality. I was very upset to hear that Tom was moving on and that the program was orphaned. However, it is back with continuing support and future updates. I was more than happy to purchase the new version after so many years of free updates (I constantly chided Tom for all of his freebies). This is still the best program for me with very little computer resource necessary. Yes, it is still a Windows console program but you really do no need anything beyond this. Many, many features and functions and very stable. Thanks to LA6VJA for picking up the program!

AA3K Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2010 20:33 Send this review to a friend
Good to see its back  Time owned: more than 12 months
Its good to see that Win-EQF is back. Log-EQF & Win-EQF served me well for many years before I decided to move on to another logging program a couple of years ago. If you need a straight forward logging program with little chance of overloading you, Win-EQF is the way to go.

EI4GXB Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2010 15:56 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: months
Our club, Limerick Radio Club have used Win-EQF* for the last couple of months. Firstly on portable event days and it was highly praised by all operators including op's who don't use computer logging. We took part in the recent CQWW SSB contest and clocked up 1108 Qso's and have to say I can't fault this software at all. This software, while on the surface, is very easy to use especially in pile ups, I'm quite sure there's a lot of work gone into its development. This software is a great asset to our club and will be used by us for all future events.

N3MVX Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2010 04:01 Send this review to a friend
GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
There are many fine logging programs available for our great hobby. I have tried many of them over the years beginning with Ham Windows in the early 90ís. I eventually settled in on LogEQF in the mid 90ís and have stuck with Tom and his fine software ever since. Tom provided excellent customer support. He even wrote a routine to convert my Ham Windows logs to EQF.

I was devastated when I heard that Tom would no longer support the software. I again began my search for a replacement logging program but found nothing that work as well, for me, as did Win EQF. I was very pleased to find that Torkel, LA6VJA was going to continue to develop and support the new version of WinEQF*.

This is the best logging software I have tried and the users group on Google is great.

KC6MIE Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2010 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Great logging program and support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using Win-eqf since the early 90's and it has always met my logging needs especially being a fairly new ham (90), Tom always took that under consideration when giving me direction in areas that I was confused and patiently walked me through it. Tom N3EQF and John K1XN were always very fast in response to questions and issues. Now Torkel,LA6VJA has shown me that he is also. Win-eqf lives on with the consistent standard of a quality logging software. I encourage anyone looking for a new logging program or a change from what they are using to give it a try.
73 es Stephen, kc6mie

WB3LHD Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2010 03:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent features  Time owned: more than 12 months
Started using Win-EQF logging software when I became interested in DX and found out Tom-N3EQF was a member of The Western PA DX Association like myself. I have been using it since the mid 90's and am still discovering new features with it.

It is now being overseen by Torkel-LA6VJA. Torkel is as dedicated as Tom and he will continue this excellent logging software for many years to come. You can't beat the support. I never never used any other logging program but this has got to be one of the best! If you are looking for a new logging program or something to replace your present one, you have to try this. You won't be sorry and will be amazed how good this software is.

GM0FQV Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2010 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Continued.........................  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been running this loggging programme since it's introduction in the early 1990's and was sad to learn that Tom no longer had the time to be involved. However, I went to the site below
http://www.win-eqf.com/ and downloaded the latest version, paid for the upgrade via Pay Pal and received my new registration code. No problem with the upgrade using Windows 7, should be no problems for anyone using any operating system. Many thanks to Torkel - LA6VJA, and John - K1XN who answered my questions via email immediatly, they must never sleep. Win-EQF* as it is now known, is working as good as ever, so you won't be disappointed. Good luck all, John GM6TVR / GM0FQV / GM6TVR/4S7 / 9G1BJ / A92HB

G0HDB Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2010 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Adieu and many thanks, Tom  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used Tom's EQF logging software for many years, firstly the DOS version and more recently the Windows flavour, and despite having often looked at and tried other logging progs I've always come back to EQF for my everyday station logging. It's so straightforward to use and doesn't rely on using the mouse for moving around the screen - call me old-fashioned but I much prefer, and find it a lot quicker, to use the keyboard to 'cursor' between fields.

I've just seen the news on the EQF Forum that in the not-too-distant future Tom is going to hang his hat up and cease developing and supporting Win-EQF. All I can say is that I'm absolutely gutted - Tom has always provided most excellent support and I feel bereft that this is shortly going to cease.

Anyway Tom, you fully deserve a rest from the ongoing commitment to Win-EQF, and I do hope that you will find the time to do all the other things that you've had to put to one side whilst you've been providing us with your great software and service over the (many) years.

73 and vy mny tnx, from a very grateful and satisfied user of your wonderful s/ware.

Martin G0HDB