Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | AC Log by N3FJP Help

Reviews Summary for AC Log by N3FJP
AC Log by N3FJP Reviews: 195 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $15.00
Description: Easy to use, well written contact logging program.
More info: http://www.n3fjp.com/

You can write your own review of the AC Log by N3FJP.

WB4GUD Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2017 13:22 Send this review to a friend
Great, easy to use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently decided to try logging software. A friend suggested N3FJP's version and it has worked out great. I use JT65 to log my contacts, upload to
LoTW, then download from there to the software. Everything works like it should. The customer support has been fantastic, quick replies to my emails. I had an issue where an VK6 was showing up as WA state. Steve responded within 15 minutes and told me how to correct it. Best $25 I've spent on ham radio stuff.

N7GCO Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2017 20:34 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using AC Log since April 2005. It is extremely intuitive to use. The interlink with LoTW and Club Log is excellent. The software has a wonderful user group that will help you with any question or problem. One of the amazing things about AC Log is that Scott is continually updating it and adding features. The Spotter feature is worth the cost of the software. I would encourage anyone to buy it. You will not be disappointed. It is an outstanding software log.

KB0R Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2017 18:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the AC Log and the Contest Log for many many years.
. Easy to configure
. Works with Winkey
. Sends all the cw exchanges
. Nice keyboard cw with messages
. Handles Lotw very well
. Tracks states, grids, countries, counties
. Plenty of fields that can be configured for
club numbers i.e. SKCC, FISTS, etc.
And probably a lot more.
Oh yes, queries QRZ to get station info

AG4YL Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2017 11:21 Send this review to a friend
Solid, intuitive logging program!  Time owned: more than 12 months
First of all, this is not meant to replace DXLabs, HRD, etc. - those are software suites. AC Log and N3FJP's contest logging programs are for logging, with integrated rig control, spotting, and call lookup.

I first used the Field Day logging program at my club's FD 2015. I had never logged before then, and was amazed at how easy and intuitive it was to use. I was not convinced, however, that I wanted to pay for a logger for my home use when there were so many other free programs out there. I tried the top rated GenLog and N1MM+, and found both of them to be clunky and hard to set up and learn to use, as well as having multiple windows which were cluttering and confusing.

I finally just gave up on the free stuff and bought the whole package of logging programs from N3FJP, and have never looked back! I use ACLog at home and for last year's NPOTA activations out at the parks, and the contest logs too!

This past year (2016) my club decided to try a different logger than N3FJP for Field Day, N1MM+. It's designed for contesting, they say, so it should be better. Well, this isn't a review for N1MM+ so I will refrain from comment. I will say that N3FJP seems to be more popular among many of our members who have participated in FD over the years.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the awesome support from Scott and Kimberly - something not right? They'll fix it!

All in all, excellent products!

N4CT Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2016 16:19 Send this review to a friend
BEST FOR LESS  Time owned: more than 12 months
HAVE USED SEVERAL OF HIS LOGGING PROGRAMS AND THEY
ALL WORK GREAT. BARGAIN PRICE, GREAT SUPPORT. WHY SPEND MORE FOR LESS.

W9TAM Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2016 13:31 Send this review to a friend
Great software, frequent updates, excellent support  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After seeing my local club use N3FJP Field Day software, I decided to try ACLog when I finally put together an HF station at home. I haven't regretted my choice. It does exactly what I need it to do--log casual QSOs and easily upload them directly from the program to LoTW and eQSL. A program like N1MM+ is overkill for what I do. This does the job very nicely.

It reads the frequency from my rig. I can import ADIFs from other programs like WSJT-X, and export for manually uploading to the QRZ logbook. By setting the program to automatically backup up the database to my Dropbox, I don't have to worry about data loss in the event of a computer crash or disaster.

In addition to ACLog, Affirmatech has many contest-specific logging programs. It's a snap to export data from any of those into ACLog when the contest is over.

I still believe you get what you pay for, and I have no qualms paying for this software instead of using a free logger. Scott and Kimberly provide great support. Updates are free. You can even upgrade later to a license that covers all their logging programs by simply paying the difference!

K2GAV Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2016 04:57 Send this review to a friend
Great program, even greater company!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a very bad experience with another logging program I decided to switch to Amateur Contact Log, or AC Log by Scott and Kimberly Davis of Affirmatech.
What a refreshing upgrade! While the user interface isn't as flashy as some other programs, this program works flawlessly. After all, isn't it most important that you're not frustrated and slowed down by a program that freezes and crashes at inopportune times?
AC Log is VERY customizeable and has some nifty features not present in other programs. I particularly was blown away by how AC Log pops up an image from the contact's QRZ.com page. Often folks choose a useful photo for their QRZ page. I was actually saved by this one evening when a new friend joined our net for the first time. I didn't recall his call sign right away, but when I typed it into AC Log his photo with his XYL popped up instantly and I was able to greet him by name and recall we'd just recently met at a hamfest!
More important than the nifty, stable program is the company Affirmatech. Scott and Kimberly wrote the programs are the nicest people you'll ever deal with. After my last experience with another company, I've learned to vet the company as much as the product. Scott and Kimberly rate a 6 out of 5 stars from me!
I purchased the entire suite of programs from Affirmatech. I have previously purchased their Field Day program. After making a mistake ordering, paying the full (and low) price for the suite, Kimberly took it upon herself to credit me for a previously purchased program even though I said to forget the credit and keep the extra money! That's INTEGRITY!!!

N4WRE Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2016 12:41 Send this review to a friend
The BEST A++++  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the best logging software for me that I have used. I have used it for several years and the updates keep coming and each one has been an improvement. If you work the JT modes, this is great. It works great with WSJTx and JTalert. It also uploads to ClubLog, Lotw, and eQSL. For me I can't imagine anything working better. I have it on 5 computers in my shack all networked together, so that any station logged appears on all the screens. Great Job Scott, thanks for a great product.

W4PW Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2016 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Easy and Robust  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the entire N3FJP software package some years ago. After a couple of years, I lost my antennas and dropped off the air for a long period. Now that I've gotten back to it, the software picked up just like nothing had happened. I have tried them all and Scott writes solid, performance based software for the heavy DXer or the casual operator and it has all the bells and whistles.

Try it and use it's automatic features for QSLs too.

Thanks Scott,

W4PW

N2COP Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2016 09:37 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hands down this has to be one of the best logging programs around. Sure, there are some contest specific programs which may tweak a certain contest, but for everyday use and the overwhelming majority of contests, AC Log/N3FJP software is fantastic. Scott & Kimberly Davis are enormously responsive and positive. Between website documentation, fine You Tube videos, a dedicated Yahoo Group and quick email turnaround, support is phenomenal. Program is intuitive and seldom crashes.