Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | AC Log by N3FJP Help

Reviews Summary for AC Log by N3FJP
AC Log by N3FJP Reviews: 195 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $15.00
Description: Easy to use, well written contact logging program.
More info: http://www.n3fjp.com/

You can write your own review of the AC Log by N3FJP.

N3DWS Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2016 20:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Logging Program !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This program does just about everything you need. I finally read through the manual and figured a lot of things out. WOW... great logging program. Thank you Scott for putting this together. It is the last logging program you will ever need.

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2016 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent   Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent basic (Ok it has a few frills) logging program that does what it purports to do - log contacts - without trying to manage the whole station. Well behaved and plays well with other applications. The data entry screen is simple, easy to read, and use, and the user has considerable latitude to modify the layout and data entry functions to suit his personal taste and predilections. Printing QSO and address labels is basic, but adequate. Sharing data with online database sites, such as LoTW, ClubLOG, and eQSL is painless and easy to accomplish. Works with spotting applications, although I do not use that functionality, myself.

The author is a gentleman of the first order. He monitors the user forum, and answers questions and solves problems promptly in a courteous manner, setting a tone of friendly cooperation for the user community. This is the best reason to use this logging application.

ACLog is a reliable, basic logging application that is a joy to use. Worth every penny of its initial one-time $25 purchase price, providing unlimited future updates.

My sole disappointment is, it puts contact address information in the "Comment" field, rather than a dedicated "Address" field - but this is hardly a deal breaker, especially considering many other other programs fail to collect any address information.

Just MY take. K8JHR

KZ3J Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2015 18:10 Send this review to a friend
The best that ever was...  Time owned: more than 12 months
....and the best that ever will be: This logging software is written with actual common sense and with ease of use firmly in mind. It is intuitive and easily configurable. It can be powerful or basic, depending on your needs, but it is never confusing. And the user interface coding is light years ahead of all the old DOS and Windows logging software out there (ugg!). AC Log simply cannot be beat; and I seriously doubt it ever will be.

WG4R Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2015 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding A+ Five Stars  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Like every other ham, I have been through countless logging programs and always found problems of one sort or another. This program was suggested by a friend, N4RFC, as the ideal software with ease of use and "it does everything" you would want it to do. He was right.

Of all of the programs out there, THIS is the best, easiest to use, "do everything" without a screen full of fluff & needless menus. It works with LoTW, ClubLog, eQSL, and does labels. Not only does QRZ pop up, but if the station has his QSL card in QRZ, you have it on your screen. You can import your data from the "other stuff" you have been using for years with ease and error free. Help is there if you need it, but you won't. It is simple, easy, priced right, and does everything you need it to do with ease, and does it right.

I can not recommend this program highly enough. If you want the logging program you should have for easy, professional operating, this is the one.

WG8AR Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2015 20:17 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Here it is in a nutshell.Young or old, new ham or been around the block once or twice. The price is right, and the ease of using it Can't Be Beat. I really liked DX4WIN, HRD is ok too, Logic-- forget it,but the AC Log package has it all over the rest. IF I can learn it in a couple of days , anyone can. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ----Jump right in and really start enjoying a Good logging program.

N1TYH Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2015 07:20 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Adding to the thread here just in case others are switching over to Mac, or are using a Mac and wondering about running ACLog under Parallels.

I began switching our home computers to Macs. I really like OS X, personal preference and not going to get into any PC / OS X wars here.

I used ACLog for several years and really missed it once I switched over to a Mac (I'd give it a 10 out of 5 if they'd let me ). I tried other Mac loggers that were okay, but just not the same as ACLog (which is very simple to use, has more fields than I actually use for logging, seamless integration with LOTW, etc). I also like Scott's other contest programs. Would like to see ACLog uploads to Clublog, similar to the LOTW works within ACLog.

I also wanted to port some other programs. So, I purchased Parallels after reading that folks were able to successfully run ACLog under Parallels.

Here's my setup as of this writing (which is running really well).

- Mac Mini i5, OS X, running Yosemite, 8GB RAM
- Parallels 10
- Windows 8.1 Professional (purchased copy) - will upgrade to Windows 10 when available
- Powered USB Extended HUB (plugged into AC, not just driven off power from USB ports of Mac Mini)
- CAD interface cable (FTDI chip on the USB) which connects to my Yaesu FT-900

Very happy to be using Scott's programs again. As a side note, I run WSJT-X for the Mac, and simply import the "adi" file into ACLog when I'm done.

N4KZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2015 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Two thumbs up  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using ACLog for nearly 10 years. I tried a number of other logging programs before and after adapting ACLog and never found any as intuitive to use. And it's gotten better over the years too. Had no problems interfacing to my Icom IC-7600, previous Icoms and other rigs (like TS-590) as well as LoTW. I bought the entire N3FJP package and have used a number of the companion contest logs. Evereything is easy to use. Very happy camper. Some other logging programs left me scratching my head as to why they set them up the way they did. Never scratched my head with ACLog and others. It all made sense from the beginning. Can't beat that.

73, N4KZ

N0SJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2015 19:25 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PROGRAM AND CUSTOMER SERVICE  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used N3FJP AC Log for years and have used many of his contest logs and they work flawlessly. If there is a problem Scott responds instantly to resolve problems. I highly recommend this logging software.

AA1BB Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2015 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Best I have used  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This program is fantastic. I was using Win-Eqf but now it is no longer supported. So I started looking for another program that would be true windows based . After looking at several different logging programs I found the N3JFPs Amateur Contact Log . This was the best. Has all the modules you could ever want. Their customer service is fantastic. I had a problem connecting my Icom7600 to my computer and they answered my email within a day and I was just using the FREE trial 30 day version. Which, by the way, is a full version without the contesting modules. Easy to connect to QRZ. If you have set up the ARRL Logbook Of the World N3JFP Amateur Contact Log makes it really quick to up load your contacts. AC also makes short work of updating your QSOs from LotW . I havent found anything wrong with this program. If I do I will let you know.

N4CT Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2014 16:07 Send this review to a friend
GREAT   Time owned: more than 12 months
USED THE 10M ARRL CONTEST SOFTWARE OVER THE WEEKEND. WHAT A GREAT PROGRAM. WITH SO MANY MULTIPLIERS IN THIS CONTEST IT WAS EASY TO KEEP TRACK OF EVERYTHING. UPLOADED TO ARRL, AND LOTW WITH NO PROBLEMS.