Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | SIGMA Mantova Turbo Help

Reviews Summary for SIGMA Mantova Turbo
SIGMA   Mantova Turbo Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $80
Description: Vertical for 10-11 m
More info: http://www.sigmaantenne.it

You can write your own review of the SIGMA Mantova Turbo.

IZ5DMQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2010 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Great vertical antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I used this fantastic antenna from the first months of 2010.
The used it only in 10 meters band,with local traffic and in 11 meters band.
The signals are very strong even if the atmosferic noise expecially during the storms and rain is very high.
If you use a professional equipment you , normally , haven't anyproblem with noise , but if you use a citizen band transceiver large band, with poor rx filters , the problem is great.

This 5/8 antenna gives many opportunity to contact many countries expecially during good propagation,the price is very cheap and mechanically is the best of all 5/8 commercial antennas i've tried in the past.

If you want spend less and have a very good antenna , this is for you.

bye
iz5dmq

IZ1DXG Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2001 19:32 Send this review to a friend
great vertical  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tried this antenna for 10 meters and i had a great experience, i broke a lot of pile-ups like VQ9,ZD8.P40,Z2,JY,ET with 100 W but i did a lot of contats with only 5 W.I compare it with a butternut hf6v-x and it's better than the butternut by several S- units. But my experience doesn't end here because one day for a mistake i use it on the other bands (i thought to use the butternut) and i did very good contacts between 10-40 meters.Of course you need a tuner on the other bands but i repeat i was very surprise to receive very good reports on 12-17-20-40.I use only 100W of my IC 751 A and i've got a lot of 5/9 into VK,ZL,HS on 10-12-15-17-20 meters but i did also very good contats in Africa on 40.I also worked many european stations on 80 (you can tune it easy)and you can tune it very easy on 160 but i couldn't make any qso on that band.It receive well ( a lot of 5/9)but i think nobody is gonna listen to me on that band.Of course i compare it with the butternut ground mounted and sometimes the Mantova turbo is better both locals than dx.
I don't know if mine is just a coincidence but another Ham her in the area bought one of them and he was very surprise too expecially on 10-17-40.He has a R7 and he told me that the Mantova outperforms the R7 on the band between 20-10 and sometimes on 40.If anyone else has some experience with this antenna please E-mail me i'll be glad to know that.I rated 5 because it cost me only 80 bucks and in 3 months i worked 115 countries on 10-80 meters.Oh i was forgetting icompare it also to an Antron 99 and in the 90% of the cases the mantova is better on 10-12-17 and 20.
Best 73's